Hello and rock on!

eabailey
eabailey
07/04/2020 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I my name is Eric and I just signed up the other day. Thanks for having me, and I sincerely hope everyone is staying safe out there! My main musical choices are rock and metal but when my musical ear turns on, I have a lot of respect for every style I hear. The guitar is a fascinating instrument!

I'm in my late 30s, though I got my first guitar in 1994 (Fender Strat), and at some point took a seemingly 100 year break. Something inside finally reached a boiling point and I caught the music bug again, only this time, I'd like to do things right. On top of just learning songs, I want to learn technique, theory, scales patterns etc. ALL OF THE THINGS! :D Though as I've gone through my professional career, I've learned that learning itself is a lifetime long commitment and it's something I've come to embrace. I've got multiple guitars, both electric and acoustic and even a bass - I have every intention of playing all of them, and getting rid of none of them.

I'm just happy to be here, happy to be learning, and while I'm not a beginner per se, I'm going about things as if I were, picking up new tidbits of info along the way, from everyone, of all talent levels. I look forward to experiencing this musical journey with everyone here!

Thanks for reading :D

Eric

-Eric

# 1
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
07/04/2020 8:45 pm

Welcome, Eric! You're for sure in the right place. I think you're gonna love Lisa -- she's an amazing teacher!

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 2
nbarradascrossview
nbarradascrossview
07/04/2020 9:42 pm

Welcome Eric, I'm pretty much like you! Just bought a strat in 1996 and never practiced.

Now im my late 40's the bug really bited me! I had subscribed 3 months ago and i'm loving the progress I've made.

# 3
eabailey
eabailey
07/05/2020 5:45 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome!

@faith83 - You're 100% correct, I absolutely adore Lisa's teaching style! I've been chugging through GF1 as a refresher, and am already looking forward to the more advanced teachings, as well as the acoustic stuff!

@nbarradascrossview - right on! So glad to hear we're in the same boat! I'm finding now that the learning journey is so much more enjoyable, and I'm far more patient these days than when I was younger. Way more excited to practice and fine tune things as I go rather than wanting to be a shredder immediately. :D Keep up the good work!

-Eric

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.