View post (I've got a guitar, so that's a start)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
04/27/2020 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: jrpierce06420

Not that I know from experience, since I'm behind you, but I'm sure if you just keep putting in the time, a breakthrough will come.

Yeah, it will come, I just need to let it happen and not try to force it so much. [br][br]

I think I am going to change what I have been doing. I have been working too much on things like chord changes and strumming patterns, trying to get really good at those things but not really learning songs. I think I need to take a break from that approach and pick a song or two and focus on just learning that song. I think I will start with Caren's "Who Will Save Your Soul" (made easy) lesson. It's one chord progression over and over, so the structure isn't complex at all and it feels achievable.

I will still have to work on strumming and chord changes and rest of the fundamentals, but hopefully it will be more fun in the context of a song.

Thanks for the encouragement. Moral support from the community is really useful to me.

Dave...

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.