Blues - classical guitar

iiiiiii-0
iiiiiii-0
04/18/2020 8:44 am

Hi I wrote a vaguely similar post regarding learning using a Yamaha C70. I notice some of the tutorials its very difficult for me to not have buzzing strings. I can play barre chords without buzzing however certain more advanced excersises such as Alternative Chord Voicings in the Blues track is difficult for me to achieve a clear sound. I have a classical guitar with nylon strings (old strings) - is it likely that this is causing the issue / should I do these excersises with the unclear sound and move on? Or try and get a clear tone (which feels unrealistic with this guitar I have)....

I'm going to skim through these videos again using my electric / steel strung guitar with the hope it will sound better after this pandemic!

What is the best track if I have a classical guitar? I have been playing for years however using Guitar Tricks to improve and get some structure and learn new things,

Thanks all :-)

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/20/2020 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Buzzing strings can be a number of issues. Usually it is the string height, or the action that is causing string buzz.

With an acoustic guitar like your glassical guitar, it may be more difficult to adjust string height. You will have to make a truss rod adjustment, which we do not recommend doing yourself if you've never done it before, since you can easily damage your guitar doing this.

Another possible issue is uneven frets, which you can sand or file down so that they're all even, but this is also tough to figure out if you've never done this.

You can check out this lesson with Gary, and he talks a bit about action and fret buzz: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=29810

I hope that helps!

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
iiiiiii-0
iiiiiii-0
04/26/2020 2:06 am

Perfect will certainly look into that.

Thank you!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.