View post (Here comes the Sun)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/23/2020 12:59 am

Hey there - my apologies for the confusion.

The first strum (in question) is a very light downstroke on the open 6th and 5th strings. This ended up being more of a pickup strum, since the tempo is quick, so changing to that open G shape right on that strum is tough. Basically, I'm just keeping the strumming groove going in that spot with a light downstroke - which ends up being on those low open strings while I get my fingers onto the open G shape.

However, the very next strum, which is the upstroke on the open 4th, 3rd, and 2nd strings, is indeed part of the intended open G shape, and is much more crucial to the overall melody - and needs to be accented as such.

So really - it's just that first strum on the low 5th and 6th strings that I didn't really explain. The idea is that you are changing to the open G shape right at that spot in the bar.

Hopefully this makes sense - let me know how it goes!

Mike

Originally Posted by: o.dgebuadze

I also notice some misunderstanding between the tabs and video. In the intro part right at the end of the 2nd bar (middle section, line 1) tabs have open 6th and 5th strings, followed by open 4th, 3rd and 2nd strings - though these is not played in the video or mentioned :( can you advise please?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach