Some good drummaschine software

Slow Diver
Slow Diver
11/29/2002 9:38 am
What programs do you use to make drum tracks for your stuff?
I use Fruity Loops and for smoe siple things it is quite decent but when I wan to change the meter of the song (for example from 4/4 to 5/4) it is getting really ****ty because I have to make different songs for the different parts, then to stick them in Cool Edit Pro and I this is really time consuming. Do you know any good software that can change meters within a song ?
The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/29/2002 10:02 am
pre-recorded drumloops from various drummers. i use mostly Logic Audio Platinum and/or AcidDJ to assemble them together to a whole drumtrack for a song.

If i cant find a propper rythm then i use single-shot drumsamples for basedrum, snare and toms - the rest i take from multitrack-drumloops where i just extract hihat and stuff for single-shot hihat or any other crashes/splashes/whateva do sound too artificial.

Then - incase i use those singleshots, i humanize it all - thats a lil usefull function in logic audio where you can add a more "human" like touch - it alters the position and velovity of midinotes randomly within preset limits so that it does not sound too mechanical.

If you do not have any AKAI-samples for singleshots you can create them yourself by extracting a single basedrumhit off some audiofile (some song where you hear a drumsolo or something) - simply cut out a single basedrumhit and make a sample.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/29/2002 10:05 am
for software i can only recommend Locig Audio Platinum (latest versions) - every musician who is into serious recording should consider buying this programm. it offers EVERYTHING. its a whole recording studio. its far better than cubase. it is not easy to get into this proggy, but once you know how it works with all the screensets and stuff you´ll never touch a different program.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/29/2002 6:36 pm
I recommend Cakewalk Sonar.

If you're using Fruity Loops, you can use it as a VST inside Sonar to dynamically generate tracks. Same thing goes for Simsynth.

[Edited by Christoph on 11-29-2002 at 12:40 PM]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.