View post (Some good drummaschine software)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/29/2002 10:02 am
pre-recorded drumloops from various drummers. i use mostly Logic Audio Platinum and/or AcidDJ to assemble them together to a whole drumtrack for a song.

If i cant find a propper rythm then i use single-shot drumsamples for basedrum, snare and toms - the rest i take from multitrack-drumloops where i just extract hihat and stuff for single-shot hihat or any other crashes/splashes/whateva do sound too artificial.

Then - incase i use those singleshots, i humanize it all - thats a lil usefull function in logic audio where you can add a more "human" like touch - it alters the position and velovity of midinotes randomly within preset limits so that it does not sound too mechanical.

If you do not have any AKAI-samples for singleshots you can create them yourself by extracting a single basedrumhit off some audiofile (some song where you hear a drumsolo or something) - simply cut out a single basedrumhit and make a sample.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]