Working on it

ddd671
ddd671
03/01/2020 8:47 pm

Hello all!

I've been playing, off and on, since about 1975. I played mostly acoustic folk and 70's acoustic rock until I hung it up around 2004. I even played one time, one night in a punk band before a live audience on a borrowed strat. It's a funny story that I'll tell some other time.

After about a 15 yr. break where I only picked up a guitar for an hour or so a few times a year, I caught the bug again last summer. I traded my MIJ Squier for a strat, and bought 5 new (to me anyway) guitars as well. I have been practicing about 30-60 minutes almost every day since last summer trying to regain some lost skills. I've taken it about as far as I can without some instruction.

That instruction is what I hope to garner from this site. A chance to work on my skills in a structured way in hope that I progress beyond where I was 16 yrs. ago.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/02/2020 9:54 pm

Hi ddd671,

I'm glad to hear you're taking up the guitar again. Please let us know if you have any questions.

30-60 minutes a day is a solid time! Just make sure you're having fun, or else it won't matter how much you practice at all.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.