I've seen all good people

andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
12/20/2019 2:00 pm

What can I say Dave! Amazing band and great lesson!! Going to be very busy this weekend!!! Merry Christmas!

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2019 3:48 pm

Thanks Andrew!! I agree, this is a classic tune and it's loaded with lot's of great guitar playing from the master 'Steve Howe' - finger style acoustic, electric rhythms and lead fills as well as a kick in the pants guitar solo! Enjoy the lesson!

Merry Christmas back to you and your family!

-Dave

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
12/24/2019 3:51 am

plus.........not to mention.............the band has a very positive name as well!!

Great cover, D.C.!! Happy Holidays and see/hear you in the new year!! Jim C.

# 3
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/26/2019 3:33 pm

I agree on the band name Jim, it doesn't get more positive that 'YES'. Enjoy the lesson!

-Dave

# 4
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
02/01/2020 5:38 pm

Hey Dave

I think this is more like a 6 difficulty rating rather than a 4!!! lol.

Steve Howe is my idol and they are my best band ever. I am 62 next week and started palying when I was 14 - I dreamed of playing like him and when I saw the chords he used to play back then, I knew he was a genius!

I keep going back to parts of your lesson but way beyond my ability but will keep trying. Just shows what an awesome guitarist you are too!!!

Back to the lesson!!!!

Originally Posted by: Dave Celentano

Thanks Andrew!! I agree, this is a classic tune and it's loaded with lot's of great guitar playing from the master 'Steve Howe' - finger style acoustic, electric rhythms and lead fills as well as a kick in the pants guitar solo! Enjoy the lesson!

Merry Christmas back to you and your family!

-Dave

# 5
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/02/2020 6:14 pm

Thank you again Andrew for your complimentary words! This YES song was not easy for me either, but practicing the parts at a slower tempo first to nail the details and timing helped me to get every part sounding very close to Steve Howe's performance.

Hang in there and don't get discouraged!

And remember, I offer live online guitar coaching if you have any detailed questions or need help with this tune:

https://guitartricks.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?calendarID=1274409&fbclid=IwAR35LuhmQIjAsO_BNLAO351u0GQvGwofQ5T3_92nJZSa7dDNn2hDfTZP5IU

-Dave

# 6
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
02/04/2020 7:22 am

Hi again Andrew,

i've taken lessons with Dave since summer 2017, and continue into my retirement. [br][br]

best decision I've made in this life, seriously. I've wanted to be a good player as long as I can remember and spent years trying to get it on my own, jumping between tab books, vhs tapes, and scattered YouTube videos.

Dave provides the structure and accountability that I need and tailors each lesson to keep me moving forward towards my goal. My kids and friends have really noticed the improvement, and every single lesson I learn something valuable. [br][br]

I can remember a while back there was a part in "Smoke on the Water" that I thought I kinda had, and other parts I totally didn't, but Dave patiently walked me through each, learning them the right way and correcting to a more economical fingering that put me in a better starting spot for the next more difficult phrase, helping me get the thing right, at my own pace.

I'm very thankful my wife saw how important this instrument was to me and gave me the nudge that a quick 30-minute lesson with someone was worth the investment in myself. She was right ! [br][br]

Wolverine

# 7
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
02/05/2020 4:58 pm

Thank you very much Wolverine. I do go for private lessons and will definitely consider Dave in the future.

Originally Posted by: W O L V E R I N E

Hi again Andrew,

i've taken lessons with Dave since summer 2017, and continue into my retirement. [br][br]

best decision I've made in this life, seriously. I've wanted to be a good player as long as I can remember and spent years trying to get it on my own, jumping between tab books, vhs tapes, and scattered YouTube videos.

Dave provides the structure and accountability that I need and tailors each lesson to keep me moving forward towards my goal. My kids and friends have really noticed the improvement, and every single lesson I learn something valuable. [br][br]

I can remember a while back there was a part in "Smoke on the Water" that I thought I kinda had, and other parts I totally didn't, but Dave patiently walked me through each, learning them the right way and correcting to a more economical fingering that put me in a better starting spot for the next more difficult phrase, helping me get the thing right, at my own pace.

I'm very thankful my wife saw how important this instrument was to me and gave me the nudge that a quick 30-minute lesson with someone was worth the investment in myself. She was right ! [br][br]

Wolverine

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.