How do you memorize a song using tab?

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
11/12/2002 2:59 am
Im in the middle of learning sweet home alabama but what is slowing me down is memorizing the tabuliture. Well basically i forget to play certain notes that sound the same and or replace them with others. Is there anyway special that you guys learn music from tab ie like chunking bits together, look for patterns etc?
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
11/12/2002 11:02 pm
When I learn a song through a tab our whatever, I usualy forget it all the next day. But than I go through it again and lick stuck in my mind. Than I play it next following days and than it´s pretty stuck.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 2
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
11/13/2002 9:41 am
i dont learn songs as a whole ,but divide them to parts..
that way it maybe takes longer to learn the whole song but ensures youll play it right and will remember it..
that way you should learn every phrase/ part untill you can play it from the memory perfect and only then move to next part..
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 3
Kirk_Aimar
Kirk_Aimar
11/13/2002 5:04 pm
Well..me too got that kind of problems sometimes.
Learning the songs from tabs is much easier if u know the songs too well..then u will know when to change the pattern.
Of Course learnign the whole song in a day is not possible..
like zepplin stated.. cut them into parts..and learn them bit by bit practice till u smooth at the part..then change to the next part..that will do .But its better to know the songs well 1st then it will be an ease when learning tabs.
*Speed is nothing without control*
# 4
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/15/2002 9:54 am
i personally am a pretty quick learner - all the stuff that i have uploaded to my host section have been tabbed, learned and recorded in less than 4 hours (for each piece that is) - i learn it measure by measure, melodyline by melodyline, riff per riff. most songs hae a certain structure and some parts are repeated just with slight alteratinos. i usually do not forget how this stuff is played. if i had to play it again 2 months afterwards, i just need to take a short look at the tab and there it is all again.

[Edited by Azrael on 11-15-2002 at 03:56 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.