Course question for admins and experienced members

scottrpileggi
scottrpileggi
10/03/2019 1:01 am

Hello GuitarTricks community!

I slowly worked my way through the Rock level 1 course and am now in the first chapter of Rock level 2.. So far, my progression has been very fluid.

I take bass lessons online as well and just recently discovered how awesome the Blues is; specifically Blues guitar. So predictably, I plan on learning Blues style once I'm finished with the Rock courses.

I'd consider myself as a very intermediate player. Definitely don't shred (yet), but am very proficient in rhthym guitar and very simple pentatonic soloing. For me, Rock level 1 started out very, very slow. Quite literally actually... It was several videos until I finally saw something other than a whole note in a lesson.

My question is, should a player like me start at the bare bones of Blues in the very first videos of level 1? Or am i going to die of boredom doing so? Same goes for the Country lessons. Is it necessary for someone who's progressed through Rock to start at the very beginning of the other genres?

Thanks!

-Scott

# 1
Dave Kidd
Full Access
Dave Kidd
Full Access
10/03/2019 12:52 pm

Hey Scott,

I would encourage you to start with the Blues 1 course. Though some of it you may already be familiar with, Blues 1 is very likely to introduce some ideas & concepts you have not been exposed to (you don't know what you don't know) as well as help solidify a foundation to build on. Worst case scenario, you should be able to work through the course relatively quickly.

Have fun, play nice!

Regards,

Dave

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.