View post (Studio Musicians)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/07/2002 9:57 pm
*L* well - chris has obviously had some bad experiences. the advantage i personally have is a free access to alot of studios in my area and in vienna, and when i record for someone i get payed. i am very lucky to have one of the best producers here that i can imagine. his feel for sound and mix is absolutely unique!

and as for the recording.. i mostly record directly into the mixer without an amp attached - and so does my producer - and hell - you have to hear some of his tunes!
he´s the only guitarist i´ve heard so far that can make his guitar sing and wheep like Jeff Beck (and no - he does not copy him - he sounds different). He uses a Digitech RP7 for recording, and i use a ART SGX 2000 Express.

Here´s a lil sample of one of the recordings of this exceptional guitarist called "Timelight" - now thats what i call excellent play! (its worth the download!!!!)

Timelight

if you have a good effectsboard you can of course get excellent results.

and btw.. a hammond organ has almost the same characteristics as a guitar ;)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]