View post (Studio Musicians)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/06/2002 3:31 pm
I was wondering who of you has already been in a recording studio - either once or on a regular basis as studiomusician.

i personally am recording stuff in studio on a regular basis for various bands and artists. i still remember my first studio experience. i came in, sat down with the guitar and the dude said: "lets start!"

he played a song consisting of drums, vocals, bass and keyboards and said: "now you play something with the guitar - we need a rythm part here and here, and maybe a small solo here - go ahead". i was like "WTF??? ive never heard this song before - what shall i play?" (didnt say that - only thought it)

so i had to come up with more or less a whole song spontaneously, which was everything but easy.

that was a while back - now i´m doing that sort of thing on a regular basis and i´ve become quite good at it - so i consider myself a studio musician. this kind of work has heped me alot and imroved my ability to play and improvise, no matter what sort of style that song might be.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]