AC/DC

DanL1553
Full Access
DanL1553
Full Access
03/18/2019 6:54 pm

I open Guitar Tricks today to find not one, not two. but THREE AC/DC songs. I spent the entire weekend working on my back yard and listening to 'Live at River Plate". I am ecstatic!!! (And very sore)

You're da' man!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/19/2019 12:58 pm

Awesome!! Hope you have as much fun learning them as I had teaching them!! [br][br]

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
03/19/2019 2:11 pm

Mike:

It's actually too bad G.T. doesn't have a separate forum where folks can showcase a certain lesson they love with their own recorded version of the tune or exercize!! I note they do have a similar site but request only original arrangements.....seems to me that we could utilize already licensed songs like these AC/DC tunes or with the likes of your phenomenal "From the Beginning" but............it could be a great interactive study where you could take some time to listen and constructively critique........

Perhaps the greatest part of these famous song studies is how you guys consistently encourage us and even point out great techniques or chords or riffs or even solos........to utilize in our own style of playing. High marks go out here especially to you, Dave, Tom & Christopher!! This shows a high level of truly caring about us improving upon our playing which after all is the true sole goal!!

Thanks!

Jim C.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/20/2019 1:16 pm

Hey Jim, that's a great idea! I'll pass along to the powers at be - and thanks for the kind words!

Mike

Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

Mike:

It's actually too bad G.T. doesn't have a separate forum where folks can showcase a certain lesson they love with their own recorded version of the tune or exercize!! I note they do have a similar site but request only original arrangements.....seems to me that we could utilize already licensed songs like these AC/DC tunes or with the likes of your phenomenal "From the Beginning" but............it could be a great interactive study where you could take some time to listen and constructively critique........

Jim C.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
fenderable
fenderable
03/24/2019 10:16 pm

This is probably the best lesson of Highway to Hell Ive come across,outro included,would love to see Bad Boy Boogie covered next as nobody else seems to have gone there.Thanks again.

# 5
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/25/2019 2:29 pm

Thank you! Bad Boy Boogie would be amazing - head over to the Song Request Forum and be sure to leave your suggestion there. There is a lengthy approval process to get the rights to teach these songs, so deeper cuts are a bit of a long shot. But still, if there's enough interest, GT HQ will work to try and get more great AC/DC tunes on the site (there are still a few more to come!!).

Mike

Originally Posted by: fenderable

This is probably the best lesson of Highway to Hell Ive come across,outro included,would love to see Bad Boy Boogie covered next as nobody else seems to have gone there.Thanks again.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 6
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
06/14/2019 9:25 pm

Hey Mike, I was wondering if you have any idea when the other AC/DC songs are going to be released Thanks

# 7
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/15/2019 1:29 pm

Unfortunately I don't know the exact release date, but based on what I'm hearing, I think we are pretty close. My guess (and this is just my guess!!!!) is that they will appear in the next month.

Thanks for your patience!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: jamboss1

Hey Mike, I was wondering if you have any idea when the other AC/DC songs are going to be released Thanks

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.