Mac World...Recording with GarageBand

nezih.cakir0704
Full Access
nezih.cakir0704
Full Access
02/10/2019 3:02 pm

I am using GarageBand on my Mac to record music (Acoustic & Classical Guitars) and using GoPro Hero 5 Black to record the video although GoPro records the music as well but not a good quality.

Is there a way to merge (Synch) the outputs from GoPro and GarageBand?

Thanks

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/11/2019 7:19 pm

Hi there,

Are you trying to create a video with your recordings? If so, GarageBand will only take the audio. You'll have to grab the video footage from the GoPro, and put it into a video editor like iMovie or Adobe Premiere.

Once you have the video laid out, you'll then have to extract the audio from your mic or your GoPro footage and then also put that into the video editor.

I hope that makes sense!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
nezih.cakir0704
Full Access
nezih.cakir0704
Full Access
02/13/2019 3:33 pm

I'm just trying to overlay a video of me playing as well as some additional video clips (mainly actions e.g. skiing, biking...) on the the music I play.

I'll try your suggestion but just one clarification regarding extracting audio from GoPro or Mic...Are you saying that I do not use the audio from GarageBand?

Thanks.

# 3
yiliayang0809
yiliayang0809
09/11/2020 10:40 am

Why not directly use a video recorder? I usually use Joyoshare Screen Recorder to record both video and audio. It also can be an independent audio capture if you only need to grab sound from the system or microphone. But, I know, Garageband and Audacity are often used to record audio, which are not suitable for beginners actually.

# 4
frankmaghler
frankmaghler
05/19/2023 11:17 am

Hello Every One!

Here are the steps on how to merge (sync) the outputs from GoPro and GarageBand:

1. Once you have finished recording your music in GarageBand, export the audio file as an AIFF or WAV file.

2. Connect your GoPro to your Mac using a USB cable.

3. Open the GoPro App on your Mac.

4. In the GoPro App, select the video that you want to use.

5. Click on the "Audio" button and select the AIFF or WAV file that you exported from GarageBand.

6. Click on the "Export" button and select a location to save the merged file.

The merged file will contain the audio from both GarageBand and your GoPro. The audio from GarageBand will be synced to the video from your GoPro.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.