Thank you

brndnman
brndnman
01/07/2019 6:32 pm

Just a quick thank you. I've always loved SRV but as a casual guitar player I thought his songs would be out of my reach. Thanks to you, they are not.

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/08/2019 4:43 pm

Thanks and glad to help make learning guitar easier. and more attainable for you.

I do offer private '1 on 1' lessons if you have any questuons or want to go deeper on anything guitar that you want. Here's the link:

https://guitartricks.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?calendarID=1274409

Best regards,

Dave

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
01/13/2019 7:51 pm

DC: You're tired of hearing this from me (probably not, right??) but I still get the most mileage out of this SRV course you've done...........here I mean in general!! I followed you on TrueFire and wondered where you disappeared to and happy to discover you here at GuitarTricks! I'm repeating myself here but this student needs to hear........this is a course definitely worthy of all your time and patience and persistence..........lots and lots of superior ideas and theory.............Dave you consistently add in techniques and theory on muting and 6ths and eplain where Stevie got this lick or riff or technique from and every time I work through this course and lessons..........and it does get more straightforward over time.......I come away feeling more and more dangerous on guitar!! OK....not dangerous per se but definitely better rounded and confident as well as inventive and ready for more guitar challenges. Wish you'd concoct some more SRV and I think you'd agree that had Stevie shunned that helicopter ride and still be alive today, you'd probably be teaching us advanced SRV jazz guitar lessons today!! Wish I could afford one on one but actually these lessons are better suited for me because my guitar brain is often reluctant to absorb and retain........so it's repeat, repeat, repeat for me. Christopher Schlegel has pointed out some super concepts for dealing with this because otherwise my retention (I'm a CPA) is pretty fantastic but with guitar not so much.......but keep doing what you're doing please and if the SRV planets align......that shall be a great thing!! Jim C.

# 3
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/14/2019 4:48 pm

JIm,

Thanks for your follow up comments on my SRV Artist Study. Much appreciated! I'd love to do more SRV tutorial type curriculum and perhaps there's room in the future for an additional SRV study. In the mean time, keep plugging away at my current SRV Artist Study (that should keep you busy and those fingers flying!).

-Dave

# 4
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
01/15/2019 2:33 pm

I agree with Brndnman and JimC, SRV has always been on my bucket list, and thanks to Dave covering in our (soon to be defunct ;-( Full Access Group Classes, I'd not have attempted for several years, but with Dave's patient tutelidge he helped probably a dozen of us gain confidence and capture some of the nuances that makes SRV licks so Epic.

Many thanks again Dave, i realy appreciated the 4-5 weeks we got to explore his playing, and am exited for what we've got on tap this week.

# 5
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
01/15/2019 2:36 pm

JimC, yes, i share similar retention issues, not just with guitar but with nearly everything, but as Anders says in one of his videos, you have to forget, and re-learn something 3 times for it to stick, so scaling in my deficiency sqare it's 9x for me ;-) happy playing, Wolverine.

# 6
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/15/2019 4:37 pm

Thanks for your encouraging words Wolverine! The Full Access class is being discontinued, but I'm offering a scaled down version (interms of meeting times per week - from three times to one time per week) through Guitar Tricks, and will still be packed with fun and slightly challenging curriculum and styles for all my Full Access Plus students that want to continue studying with me.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.