View post (Thank you)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
01/13/2019 7:51 pm

DC: You're tired of hearing this from me (probably not, right??) but I still get the most mileage out of this SRV course you've done...........here I mean in general!! I followed you on TrueFire and wondered where you disappeared to and happy to discover you here at GuitarTricks! I'm repeating myself here but this student needs to hear........this is a course definitely worthy of all your time and patience and persistence..........lots and lots of superior ideas and theory.............Dave you consistently add in techniques and theory on muting and 6ths and eplain where Stevie got this lick or riff or technique from and every time I work through this course and lessons..........and it does get more straightforward over time.......I come away feeling more and more dangerous on guitar!! OK....not dangerous per se but definitely better rounded and confident as well as inventive and ready for more guitar challenges. Wish you'd concoct some more SRV and I think you'd agree that had Stevie shunned that helicopter ride and still be alive today, you'd probably be teaching us advanced SRV jazz guitar lessons today!! Wish I could afford one on one but actually these lessons are better suited for me because my guitar brain is often reluctant to absorb and retain........so it's repeat, repeat, repeat for me. Christopher Schlegel has pointed out some super concepts for dealing with this because otherwise my retention (I'm a CPA) is pretty fantastic but with guitar not so much.......but keep doing what you're doing please and if the SRV planets align......that shall be a great thing!! Jim C.