BOSS Metal Zone

Prod11
Prod11
10/10/2002 6:14 am
On some boards i've heard that the BOSS metal zone was good. BUt i bought two years ago and i hate it! i can't do anything with it. Instead i'm using he natural distortion and overdrive on my amp.

I still play metallica, ozzy, pantera, megadeth, maiden, sabbath, testament with a bit of shred (yngwi + petruchi)

But i wouldn't dar use my dang metal zone when playing those songs.
0_o
# 1
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/10/2002 11:45 am
I don´t like it too. That´s why I bought BOSS-DS1.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/14/2002 5:58 pm
To get the sound you'd expect from a distortion pedal , you may need an equalizer pedal , and/or a decent big combo amp and do some tweaking here and there..

It's not to good if you're doing some shredding stuff, but I'm sure it's great for getting a quite similar sounds to those metal bands you named, specialy pantera & metallica.
# 3
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/14/2002 7:47 pm
But too much dist is no good for leads but good for rythm, so you better buy two of them our switch over to amp dist (if you have that option for leads).
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/15/2002 7:50 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
it's funny, my experience in shreddding, rythm playing and distortion is exactly the opposite from what everyone i saying, unless I'm just putting things in the wrong context...

When I play lead, I play my SG through my metal zone, and shred with reasonably heavy distortion. Perhaps it's my settings or playing style, but it sounds a-okay.

When I play rythm or lead/solo in blues or vintage stuff, I use my Gretsch over my Blues Driver w/moderate distortion. The metal zone was designed for solos, leas and triads, not general strumming. If you play "hole in my heart" over it, you'll get a haze of indecipherable noise, but if you play "be quick or be dead" you'll be dead-on.

well, if you are playing through a pantera like rhythm distortion, I'm dead sure you'll have problems to play smooth lead sounds using the same pedal or amp settings... although some people (including me) like to play some leads with a very heavy distortion... but usualy, a good lead sound should be smooth for easy shredding ,clear sweeping and most of all the sound of the lead everybody is expecting to hear.
# 5
potatosalad
potatosalad
10/15/2002 6:40 pm
Apparrently it is really versitile and offers a great range of sounds but ive never played one or heard one .

I think it all depends on what overdrive you like as some like heavy drive with loads of roar and some like high pitched screaming tone.

So some will like it and sopme won't
# 6
Prod11
Prod11
10/18/2002 6:14 am
Actually the amp really matters. I took my pedal over to my friends house and hooked it up to his marshal. Hot damn did it rock!!! I thought i nailed the sound heard on domination(pantera - cowboys from hell). If i tried the smame setting thorugh my tiny amp - it would sound real weak.

0_o
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.