Tryin, Ridin' with the King and MikeO

stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
07/09/2018 2:26 am

I've been workin' on ''Everyday'' now for over two weeks.I finally got the parts down and i am ready to put them together in the performance. I feel like i'm gonna' have to relearn the parts its been such along process. Just wondering does that indicate to you that i bit off more than i could chew. If so then thats cool i'll just go to maybe that new funk lesson you just did. So many of those parts are similar making it mighty difficult to nail them, at least for me. Love the lesson and the challenge though, Thanks a Million, Later Mike!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/09/2018 3:43 pm

Yes there's lots of licks in that song!! Maybe learn and work on the licks each section at a time -- for example learn the rhythm of the first 12 bar verse and add the licks in that section. Keep practicing until you've got that memorized, then move onto the next verse, etc.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know how it goes!

BTW The funk tune is a bit easier to remember the parts (lots of repetition in the song), so that's a great choice for your next one!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
07/10/2018 1:57 am

I just finished memorizing the parts, and did'nt move on until i had them real close. So after taking nearly 2 weeks to learn them i went back to the start last night and had to start refreshing myself on all those similar licks. I'm cool with that, after all i'm the student not the ''King''. I'm just tryin to push myself ahead to some more difficult stuff. I do'nt mind the easier stuff i just feel i have to challenge myself to progress. It's all good though, See Ya Mike!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.