Experience

epalf
epalf
06/24/2018 9:44 am

Hello All. I watched Jeff Beck and David Gilmore play Jeruselem last week and thought to myself, I,ll give that ago. Those of you not from the UK might be unfamiliar with that particular hymn, but those of a certain age from England will remember singing it at school assembalies before lessons started. I downloaded a very simple tab and eventually managed to get most of it right. Then came time for my performance!!!! My wife was out so I dialed in enough reverb to fill a large Cathedral with some to spare and in hindsight due to the size of my dining room possibly a little to much volume. Well what can I say ! 50 minutes practise and any amount of effects don,t make up for 50 years experince, talant and skill but what fun !! Anyway must go now, for some unexplicable reason my windows that have for 200 years sat very nicely in their frames have suddenly become loose and vibrate at the slightest puff of wind and are in need of some serious attention. Eric

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
06/24/2018 10:58 am

Parry's "Jerusalem" is one of if not the most emotionally rousing hymn ever composed. I've never heard it played on guitar. Got a link? If not the choir, e.g. Kings, always full orchestra accompaniment. e.g. Proms.

"I Vow To Thee My Country" by Rice set to music adapted from Holst's orchestral suite "The Planets: IV -Jupiter, the Bringer of Jolllity" is another which can't not stir the emotions.

# 2
epalf
epalf
06/24/2018 11:30 am

Not the best filming in the world. Sure there’s better out there but try this. Or on YouTube just search for Jeff Beck Jerusalem

https://youtu.be/3kS6Ss20adM

# 3
ianratcliff13
ianratcliff13
08/23/2018 4:37 am

The song isn't stating that the chronicled city of Jerusalem is in Great Britain. It is alluding to the "New Jerusalem" which is an analogy for "Paradise" or "The Kingdom." Basically the song, which was composed amid the ascent of the Industrial Age ( think about the somber conditions portrayed in Dickens and comparative writers of the day), is requiring the working of "The Kingdom" through Christian works of benevolence and government changes.

____________________________________[br]write my paper for me

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.