...where should I begin?

NickFerra
NickFerra
04/01/2018 9:41 pm

Hi,

I'm Nick. I'm in an original band and we have a cd about to come out. I play Rythem guitar mostely because thats really all I know. Honestly, I only know the basics of rythem really.

I've been playing off and on for several years. First started at 16 and I'm 35 now and what I learned when I was 16 to about 18 is all I know.

Just chords.

My heart lies into both rythem and lead but I am a piss poor lead guitarist and only a mediocre rythem guitarist. I know some pentatonic scales but how to apply them to a song to where it doesn't sound like I am playing a scale...That's one issue

When I am in my band during practice I have issues improvising and trying to find the right key to play in with the rest of the band. I would LOVE to just be able to make up stuff on the spot and improvise with the band.

My favorites include, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Oasis, The Beatles, Stone Temple Pilots, Acdc, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, Neil Young... Just to name a few

I really would like to learn these styles, write better songs and be able to improvise lead fills and solos on the spot when jamming with my band so we can continue writing new music... Or maybe even just write my own songs

Hmmm So where should I really begin here? ...

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/02/2018 11:41 pm

Hi NickFerra,

Looks like you want to learn some classic rock. The best place to do that is in our song section here: https://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php

From there, you'll be able to find some songs from some of the artists you listed! Hope that helps.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.