View post (Any Thing Apart From Metal)

View thread

LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
08/09/2000 1:20 am
You must've misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to be insulting in any way. I didn't say anythin gbad about your playing. Also, I know you're not the best because there is no such thing as best guitarrist. I don't believe that there is enough time in life for somebody to learn Indian Raga music, classical music, jazz, metal, blues, rock, country, and so on, and be very good at all of them. It's quite possible that you could learn any one of them if you devoted a lot of time to it, so if that's what you meant, I'm sorry.
Still, you have to admit you come accross as arrogant saying that you can play anything, anybody would, I dont care how good they are. How long have you been playing? As for show it to you, and you can play it, I don't think that I could show you, or anybody, jazz, and you'd quickly be able to play it. Being able to play bebop and be creative with your improvising takes very very many years of intense study, if you've devoted those years, good for you, but I'm guessing you haven't, because most guitarrists who frequent these forums haven't, I know I've not, yet.
I'm sorry, I realize I came off as sounding too harsh, when I ddin't at all mean to be insulting.