View post (Hello from Southern England)

View thread

andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
01/23/2018 9:23 am

Hi Iain. Your story sounds similar and I am sure familier to many people outthere!I got my first guitar when I was 14 and thought I would master it overnight as with most of us as younsters thought we could conquer the world!! I am turned 60 next month!

It gathered dust over the years and about two year's ago my wife encouraged me to pick it up again. This is how I got involved in Guitar Tricks. It has been hard but great fun and like you have no ambition to be the next Clapton! However, I have become obsessed with the guitar and I owe a lot to Guitar Tricks for steering me along the correct path.

I have got to the point now where I feel just that bit better to try and play with other people. I also subscribe to a number of free sites here in the UK such as the incredible justinguitar and also andyguitar.

Andy is doing a group workshop in Brighton tomorrow night (Wednesday 24 January) and I have even had the guts to join in! I live in Eastbourne - I know you said you are in Southern England?

Keep us updated with your progress.