SRV Strikes once again, Dave!!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/03/2017 4:14 am

DC:

I realize I can always sign up for private lessons but I also cannot really afford this or at least substantiate this as I just love learning for my own psyche........playing guitar as a constructive hobby is simply lightyears from watching TV reruns all nights.........but it would also be cool if you shared this with other GT loyal members and Stevie fans (my guess all!): Your Texas Suffle lesson right out of the box is awesome. However, any chance you (GT) could be talked into doing an addendum lesson where you advance this specific lesson and show us some migty SRV fills and changes and chord hits or in other words: Some of the cool things he'd have developed to keep things really interesting during one of his etended jams!!?? This would be the icing!! By the way.....much lie 911 I can recall right where I was and doing at the very moment I learned of his super sad too early demise......but I'll admit that I heard it was Eric Clapton at first. This bummed me but it didn't get much better when I did learn the actual deaths and which helicopter crashed..... Thanks again and great job once again!! Even if this never happens......it's so cool to have definitive direction into this great guitarist and his methods!! Jim C.

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/06/2017 4:56 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for you additional comments on my SRV Artist Study. You have some good ideas about augmenting the SRV course and I'll run them by the powers that be. Check out these two links/lessons from my same SRV Artist Study showing how SRV adds lead and rhythm fills to spice up this blues in A.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=27291&s_id=2288

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=27292&s_id=2288

Keep those fingers flying!

-Dave

# 2
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
08/09/2018 3:06 pm

Hi Jimbo,

I hope you're still enjoying your guitar journey. just a quick note that Dave just started covering SRV in our group classes last night.

While it's nice to have video lessons for instructed learning, it's even better when Dave can critique specific mistakes i'm making that i don't hear myself, for example getting that "shuffle feel", or pointing out errant string noise on the 2-fret slides, etc.

hope you can join us!!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.