View post (I would like some advice)

View thread

justinbirtha
justinbirtha
05/12/2017 1:07 am

Hey guys I am brand new to the forums and I would just like to ask for a little bit of advice. I am 15 years and love the guitar. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years now through taking lessons. I constantly think about it all the time and how I can't wait to go home and play. The problem is though when I go home I just procrastinate my way from avoiding the guitar completely. I have a schedule for practice but lately it hasn't been put to use. I would like to become really good at the guitar, but it just seems like I am lacking something mentally from me achieving that goal. I would like to practice 3-4 hours a day, but I barely reach 2 hours. I get easily distracted from video games and when I get discouraged from the guitar I just decide to call it a night and hop on my video games. Is there anything I can do to break this habit and achieve the goals I would like to achieve? Do any of you have the same issues? If you a response with some advice would greatly appreciated from a fellow guitar player.