Jam Along features request

PhillipBD
Full Access
PhillipBD
Full Access
03/29/2017 8:21 pm

Mike, your song lessons are fantastic - thank you!

A suggestion for all songs on GuitarTricks.com :

I'll use your great Wild Horses lesson (full version) as an example:

I love the way you have 3 separate "Performance" videos to practice against:

1. Full Performance [br]2. Single Guitar Performance[br]3. Jam Along (all guitars muted)

Having these choices makes it so much easier to learn.

My suggestion is this:

It would be great to have multiple Jam Along videos that mute one guitar part and not the other(s) - this being done for each guitar (#1, #2, etc.). So, again using your Wild Horses lesson as an example with 3 guitar parts:

Jam Along video #1: All guitars muted (as it is in the current lesson)[br]Jam Along video #2: Acoustic #1 muted (Acoustic #2 & Electric Guitar #3 audible)[br]Jam Along video #3: Acoustic #2 muted (Acoustic #1 & Electric Guitar #3 audible)[br]Jam Along video #4: Electric Guitar #3 muted (Acoustic #1 & Acoustic #2 audible)

Having these variations would allow the student to play each learned guitar in the full context of the rest of the song, with it sounding complete.

Any chance future lessons for all songs on GuitarTricks could offer these types of Jam Along video versions? Having these options would offer something unique and be very helpful to assess one's playing of a single guitar part in the context of the other parts.

Thanks again Mike for the great lessons!

Phillip

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/29/2017 11:14 pm

Thanks so much Phillip! That is a great request ... I'll pass it along to admin and see if it's something we can add to the site.

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
PhillipBD
Full Access
PhillipBD
Full Access
03/30/2017 7:19 pm

Thanks Mike!

Best,

Phillip

# 3
PhillipBD
Full Access
PhillipBD
Full Access
03/05/2020 12:09 pm

Hi Mike, any update on my request? Thanks!

I'd also like to mention to you (as I posted in Lesson Q & A recently that hasn't been answered by GT yet) - that with some recent "Performance" videos of songs, the GT mix has become not as good as they always have been in the past (replies from others to the post confirm this). The vocals and other instruments have poorly mixed levels where mainly the guitar parts and drums are heard clearly but crush hearing well the vocals, bass, keys, etc. The Performance videos had always been well mixed, where it had simulated playing with a band very well - it's lost that recently. Any chance the recent mixing guidelines for Performance videos can be brought back to the quality levels they had been before?

Thanks Mike for anything you can get movement on for the above two items. Your instruction is awesome as is GuitarTricks!

Best,

Phillip

Tampa Bay USA

Username: PhillipBD

# 4
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/05/2020 2:25 pm

Hi Phillip, thanks for reaching out!

Re: your original request, I did forward your request back then, and unfortunately we did not get the go ahead to expand the jam tracks out at that time. I have once again forwarded your request, and we'll see what they say this time.

I have also forwarded your backing track mixing concerns to HQ, and I hope to have an update on that very soon!

Thank you!

Mike

Originally Posted by: PhillipBD

Hi Mike, any update on my request? Thanks!

I'd also like to mention to you (as I posted in Lesson Q & A recently that hasn't been answered by GT yet) - that with some recent "Performance" videos of songs, the GT mix has become not as good as they always have been in the past (replies from others to the post confirm this). The vocals and other instruments have poorly mixed levels where mainly the guitar parts and drums are heard clearly but crush hearing well the vocals, bass, keys, etc. The Performance videos had always been well mixed, where it had simulated playing with a band very well - it's lost that recently. Any chance the recent mixing guidelines for Performance videos can be brought back to the quality levels they had been before?

Thanks Mike for anything you can get movement on for the above two items. Your instruction is awesome as is GuitarTricks!

Best,

Phillip

Tampa Bay USA

Username: PhillipBD

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 5
PhillipBD
Full Access
PhillipBD
Full Access
03/13/2020 4:15 pm

Thank you Mike for forwarding those along. I appreciate it.

Best,

Phillip

Tampa Bay, USA

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.