Guitar picken songs only

JJ_55
JJ_55
03/10/2017 6:15 pm

First, let me say the few months I have been a member have proven that this site is heads up above about 90% of the teaching sites out there. Most of those sites are managed by one person IT and playing. The first tune I picked up here was undun. Guess who tune with a bit a theory thrown in, and others like it. The ONE thing I think Guitar tricks is missing is to have more guitar instrumental songs. I requested "the clap" Steve Howe awhile back and even got a message it was assigned to someone on your staff, very cool. But there are so many others for intermediate and advanced players say by...Jerry Reed, "The Claw" or anything from Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Merle Travis and James Burton. BTW I know James and he is a very nice man. Not name dropping, but he and his family live in our community. The guy is amazing at 76, he still travels and plays all over the world. All of what I have listed seem to be in the country catagory. I am not necessarily recommending only that, and yes, I have seen the rock instrumentals like Walk don't run. I am just a bit beyond 60 and I learned that one when I began playing, and it never left me. I just made my last point. A great instrumental is never forgotten. For me this is True for Steve Howe's "mood for a day" that I have known for many years. O.K. At the risk of this turning into a rant, one more thing. That little pop up that I see when I log on ask for what we like best about Guitar Tricks. "songs released weekly" Maybe I am missing something, but that does not seem to be true. Thank you all. I do mean to be positive, in my remarks today. JJ

JJ

# 1
JJ_55
JJ_55
03/10/2017 6:15 pm
Originally Posted by: JJ_55

First, let me say the few months I have been a member have proven that this site is heads up above about 90% of the teaching sites out there. Most of those sites are managed by one person IT and playing. The first tune I picked up here was undun. Guess who tune with a bit a theory thrown in, and others like it. The ONE thing I think Guitar tricks is missing is to have more guitar instrumental songs. I requested "the clap" Steve Howe awhile back and even got a message it was assigned to someone on your staff, very cool. But there are so many others for intermediate and advanced players say by...Jerry Reed, "The Claw" or anything from Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Merle Travis and James Burton. BTW I know James and he is a very nice man. Not name dropping, but he and his family live in our community. The guy is amazing at 76, he still travels and plays all over the world. All of what I have listed seem to be in the country catagory. I am not necessarily recommending only that, and yes, I have seen the rock instrumentals like Walk don't run. I am just a bit beyond 60 and I learned that one when I began playing, and it never left me. I just made my last point. A great instrumental is never forgotten. For me this is True for Steve Howe's "mood for a day" that I have known for many years. O.K. At the risk of this turning into a rant, one more thing. That little pop up that I see when I log on ask for what we like best about Guitar Tricks. "songs released weekly" Maybe I am missing something, but that does not seem to be true. Thank you all. I do mean to be positive, in my remarks today. JJ

JJ

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.