the new Bm song

Abadez
Abadez
09/20/2016 4:49 pm
Dear Teacher Christopher,

please find my Audio clip as we discussed in the link below. its only the intro and verse and i will add on my solo part and perhaps some chords progression with my guitar, still i am revising it everyday. to check if the chords are going along together.

Awaiting your constructive reply

http://www.jamstudio.com/Mp3Download.asp?Mp3MixName=S1701948_1701974.mp3

Many Thanks
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/22/2016 1:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Abadez
please find my Audio clip as we discussed in the link below. its only the intro and verse and i will add on my solo part and perhaps some chords progression with my guitar, still i am revising it everyday. to check if the chords are going along together.

Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a song. The most important person to decide if the chords go together is you since you are the writer. Do you like it? If so, then starting adding a melody or a guitar part! If not, then change things around until you are satisfied. ZZSmilieZZ

Best of success with it!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Abadez
Abadez
09/23/2016 10:59 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a song. The most important person to decide if the chords go together is you since you are the writer. Do you like it? If so, then starting adding a melody or a guitar part! If not, then change things around until you are satisfied. ZZSmilieZZ

Best of success with it!

ok, thanks for your reply,

i just need a little help about the song structure which i face a little bit of confusion, i will show you my parts and i need you to guide me in fixing them as in terms of a standard way, so that in the future i will be able to come up with my own style gradually, the structure is as follows:

First set or page: Bm + A + Em + Bm + A + Em + Dm + Em + F#7

Second set or page: Bm + A + Em + F#7

Third set or page: Bm + A + Em + Bm + A + Em + Dm + Em + F#7 < ( Same as 1st set )

Fourth set or page: Bm + Bm + A + A + Em + Em + D + D + F#7 + F#7

------

The change in the 2 set, i changed a little of the chords structure just to add a bit of a new taste.

--------

The last set: i made them twice so that ( I can come up with a chord progression and to give me more time to play repetitively ) as i suppose. there is a small change in the last set if you focus on it.

now, i need you to suggest me how can i build a structure for Ex. ( The intro - Verse - Chorus - Solo - Outro ) , Based on the chords as above. with a simple suggestion that could save a huge time to figure out that.

Many thanks again in advance ZZSmilieZZ
# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/24/2016 4:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Abadezi just need a little help about the song structure which i face a little bit of confusion, i will show you my parts and i need you to guide me in fixing them as in terms of a standard way, so that in the future i will be able to come up with my own style gradually, the structure is as follows:
[/quote]
This tutorial covers the functions of various chord progressions.

www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=495

So functional harmony tells us that in the key of B minor your chords have these functions:

B minor - tonic
D - intermediate
E minor - subdominant
F#7 - dominant

But, you could also use this order:

B minor - tonic
E minor - subdominant
D - intermediate
E minor - subdominant
F#7 - dominant

Or this order:

E minor - subdominant
F#7 - dominant
B minor - tonic

But without a melody there's no way to judge which one is best. You need to create a melody in order to have a song & a plan for which chords to use when & for how long.

A melody is a series of single note pitches that will be played or sung as the focal point floating over the chords helping to integrate them.

Without a melody, the only possible answer is: those chords are fine if you like the sound of them. Once you start to create a melody you can start to determine which chord best suits your purposes.

Without a melody, it's like you are asking me, "What should I write a song about?" The only answer I have is, "What do you want to write a song about?"

With all that in mind, let's look at your chords.
First set or page: Bm + A + Em + Bm + A + Em + Dm + Em + F#7
Second set or page: Bm + A + Em + F#7
Third set or page: Bm + A + Em + Bm + A + Em + Dm + Em + F#7 < ( Same as 1st set )
Fourth set or page: Bm + Bm + A + A + Em + Em + D + D + F#7 + F#7

Any of those could be right. You can use the function harmony concepts to see that they can all be labeled, but without a melody to guide them there's just no way to judge if, for example, you have the E minor chords in the wrong place. Make sense?
[QUOTE=Abadez]
now, i need you to suggest me how can i build a structure for Ex. ( The intro - Verse - Chorus - Solo - Outro ) , Based on the chords as above. with a simple suggestion that could save a huge time to figure out that.

I think you should study some of your favorite songs or song writers to see how they made structures that you like. That will be the best way for you to learn how to make songs you like. Because, again, without a melody I have no way of helping you decide if those chords are right or which order to use them!

Best of success!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.