New but not a newbie

Mshrad88
Mshrad88
08/24/2016 4:45 pm

Hi
Names Mike

I've been playing for a long time. Took lessons for a little while then relied on books, DVDs etc. I have a lot of gaps I need to fill in my ability and understanding so thought I would take lessons again. Well, that's tough to do while working a full time job so started to cast about for on line lessons. Waffled between Jamplay and here. Landed here so we'll see how it goes. Plan is to start at the basics to make sure I'm not missing anything crucial then move into the Blues cirriculum. I've played in a band sponsered by Truefire and even played some bass. Still can't play and sing at the same time. Major mental block there so I hope to develop that skill once and for all by really learning some songs here. BTW - I'm another former longhair - now not much hair.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/30/2016 11:35 pm

Hey Mike!

Glad to have you on board. Sounds like you already have a solid plan there. Starting at the basics will allow you to strengthen your foundation so wants you progress within the curriculum you'll do see with ease. You'll find that GuitarTricks is more effective than a book or DVD. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
08/31/2016 10:00 am

Welcome Mike. I hope you find guitar tricks as useful as I have.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.