View post (Yamaha THR10 Modeling amp)

View thread

technojeff
technojeff
10/19/2016 5:55 am

I agree with your passion for this amp. Amazing versatility and even output power. I have two of them, the acoustic amp and the straight Thr10. The presets are a great starting point as they have been finely tuned by the Yamaha pro team. The only thing you can't learn from them is the knob positions that achieved the sound. It's ok though, as the software includes an editor which shows actual. The range of sounds available is huge, and even though I have owned these for over 2 years, there is still plenty to discover. I play a Duesenberg Fullerton CC through the amp and it matches the range and output of the pickups really well giving me a controlled sound right through to a tube distorted blues box. I would recommend amp to anyone. There are cheaper amps available, but I haven't found any that I would swap mine for. Finally, with the pseudo tube glow and retro styling they really look special. (Even the wife thinks they look great and we have one permanently on display and used in our living room at home.)