View post (Xbox One)

View thread

Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/07/2017 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: Jimmy Gibson 47

Is there any move on this? I'm considering a subscription but wanted to check first.

Thanks

The video services we use do not officially support any of the game consoles like PS4, or Xbox One. In the past, I've heard of users being able to use a PS4 with Guitar Tricks but recently, an update to the PS4 prevented the web browser from working with our videos. I suspect the same thing will be true of the Xbox One.

The supported web browsers for Guitar Tricks are Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.

Newer versions of the Xbox One operating system does have Microsoft Edge built in, so you can try it out, but again, the console version of the web browser may not have all the functions of the desktop counterpart.

One way to use Guitar Tricks on a larger screen, like your TV is to use screen mirroring via the Guitar Tricks phone app. If you have a smart TV/Chromecast with the ability to cast your phone screen onto the TV, theoretically you might be able to mirror your phone onto the TV as your phone is in the Guitar Tricks app. I've never tried that myself, but it could work.

An easier way is to hook a laptop to the TV's hdmi port, if your laptop supports that.

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.