Finger Exercises

johnv31552
johnv31552
01/17/2016 12:37 pm
I wanted to post this and see if it might help other beginners. Although I played 50 years ago, the fingers don't work like they used to. Here is my warm up exercise. Using two fingers first starting on first fret, I use index and second finger and go up the neck to the 12 fret. Then you use the index and ring finger and go up the neck to the 12th fret. Then the index and pinky up the neck to the 12th fret. Then I do two fingers starting with the middle finger and ring finger first to 12th fret. Then its the ring finger and the pinky up to the 12th fret. Then its three fingers using the index middle and ring fingers from 1st to 12th fret also seen here as the spider legs. Then I use the middle ring and pinky from 1st to 12th fret. Finally all four fingers from 1st fret to 12th fret. It only takes about 10 minutes or so, and its a good warm up and makes you use all combinations of fingers. Hope this helps anyone trying to get fast at fingering which you will need if you like the blues or lead guitar. Have any questions, send a reply. Thanks
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
01/18/2016 2:04 am
Originally Posted by: johnv31552I wanted to post this and see if it might help other beginners. Although I played 50 years ago, the fingers don't work like they used to. Here is my warm up exercise. Using two fingers first starting on first fret, I use index and second finger and go up the neck to the 12 fret. Then you use the index and ring finger and go up the neck to the 12th fret. Then the index and pinky up the neck to the 12th fret. Then I do two fingers starting with the middle finger and ring finger first to 12th fret. Then its the ring finger and the pinky up to the 12th fret. Then its three fingers using the index middle and ring fingers from 1st to 12th fret also seen here as the spider legs. Then I use the middle ring and pinky from 1st to 12th fret. Finally all four fingers from 1st fret to 12th fret. It only takes about 10 minutes or so, and its a good warm up and makes you use all combinations of fingers. Hope this helps anyone trying to get fast at fingering which you will need if you like the blues or lead guitar. Have any questions, send a reply. Thanks

Looks like a helpful run. Thanks for sharing.
# 2
JeremyRodriguez
JeremyRodriguez
03/09/2016 5:39 am
Are you saying that you play a chromatic scale all the way up the neck?
14 Day Mini Course That Boosted My Alternate Picking by 30 BPM In Less Than a Week at NO COST at www.transformmusically.com

FREE Download of Forsake Me Not's debut single and annual VIP membership! Limited spots at www.forsakemenot.com
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.