Kid Rock...

jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
07/18/2000 3:43 am
yo, i just finished watching farmclub.com show and the Kid snapped on all levels. he went through all the instruments just ripping em up. He played the Turn tables, Lead Guitar, Piano and drums. And said that went out to all the people who said he ain't got no talent. The Kid Can play!!!

------------------
Jake Sommers
"Take my hand boss"
# 1
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/18/2000 5:43 am
I just saw the Summer Sanitarium LA Coliseum show, and maybe it was a bad night for him, but Kid Rock sucked. He did that thing where he runs around and plays all the instruments, which show how arogant he is. "Hey, look at me! I need to be the center of attention 24/7." He pretty much strumed two chords on the guitar, embarressed himself on the drums, I couldn't hear waht he was doing on the turntables. This guy tries to be a show off, but fails miserably. Most of us just paid attention to the cage dancers on stage.

On a side note, System OF A Down and Powerman 5000 sucked also, I don't know how anyone can call that music. I don't much like Korn's kind of music, but I must say they put on a hell of a show. I was bangin' my head. And, of course, Metallica blew them all away. It was my first time seeing them, and they delivered far beyond what I expected. The hot chicks flashing all around me was an added bonus in between acts.

[This message has been edited by ekstasis16 (edited 07-18-2000).]
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 2
Luke
Luke
07/31/2000 5:44 am
Man, I finally found people who feel the way I do about Crap..er..Kid rock.

He, and everyone like him, cloud real music from gettin main stream popularity.

You got a bunch of stupid a$$ kids listing to him trying to be in the "in crowd" cause he was MADE popular by record labels, and I for one am sick of it!
When attempting the impossible, you achieve the best possible
# 3
loner92
loner92
08/01/2000 5:03 am
ekstasis, you did't catch Kid Crock on a bad night, he always sucks. All his "songs" are nothing more than him jabbering about how big and bad he thinks he is. What an egomaniac.

# 4

08/01/2000 1:36 pm
He sucked at the Denver show too.
# 5
Fender1165
Fender1165
08/16/2000 7:51 pm
LOL... I've been reading your posts in this category and find it quite amusing. I do not like most of Kid Rocks music (with the only exception of the "only god knows why"). I agree with most of you that Kid Rock and similar artists are preventing decent music from going mainstream but in todays age most record companys focus on image, because they know image sells. Even if every pop ensemble in the world were to be destroyed today, there'd be another one tomorrow because thats what kids interpret as an extremely cute, talented group.... even though songs, clothes, and mass advertising are done by people that are not within the group. thats pretty sad. But regardless, you keep dissing Kid Rock and you should be dissing Kid Rocks MUSIC... he is a puppet of the record company. If you don't like the music like me, fine. But don't say you want to kill him. He's just a guy who found a way to use his ego to make alot of money. Understand what I'm saying?

------------------
-ejd

email:
Fender1165@aol.com
Guitarbiz@hotmail.com

-ejd

email:
Fender1165@aol.com
Guitarbiz@hotmail.com

Site: http://www.hometown.aol.com/Fender1165/index.html
(Sign the guestbook if u go :) )
# 6

08/17/2000 12:26 am
I agree with everything you said about image ruling the market. But the guy is no more a puppet of the record industry then any other artist with a record label. I don't think he is a sellout to real music, I think he actually the arrogant, abrassive ass he acts like. And if he is just a sellout, he still deserves our anger. Would any of us follow his path if offered a ton of money? I doubt it. Money ain't nothin.
# 7
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/18/2000 12:53 am
You know, it's funny you say that because that's exactly what every single person says before a record company comes along and starts flashin' money and cars in your face. Money is something 'cause that's how the world revolves and the more you have, the more power you think you have. After all that's what most people want, power. Take Vanilla Ice, for example, he was a total sellout and will totally admit to it. He regrets it but says if he had to go back he'd probably do it again because it's hard to resist the kind of money they offer you.

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 8

08/18/2000 1:37 am
True, I didn't mean money isn't anything. It's definatly something, but it's more to some then to others. You can't say that everyone would sellout if offered a ton of money, 'cause not everyone would. Yeah, I'm young and naive but I can say that I wouldn't.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.