View post (Kid Rock...)

View thread

06/22/2000 5:25 pm
I wouldn't be surprised Buzz, and if that was the intent that I'd say the results are, yes people will listen to just about anything if it has the right image with it. This guy thinks he's America's Badboy. Real rockers don't have aliases like "Kid Rock". I'd be interested to find out his realm name... it's probably something really geeky like Gerald Walters (no offense to all you Gerald Walters out there!). zepo, I think the big draw to him is that he seems to epitomize rock and roll to those who are unfamiliar with it (pre-teens and younger). Rock and Roll is cool, nobody doubts that, but kids don't know what it is. They think its Kid Rock. Kid Rock thinks its Kid Rock (at least he acts like it). We all know Rock and Roll isn't Kid Rock, but for those who never had the pleasure to listen to some Zeppelin or Stones (or whatever your person rock taste is) then they might mistake what Rock and Roll is. It really is a shame... the younger generation may never realize what they're missing.