View post (Playing along)

View thread

Terranaut
Terranaut
08/06/2015 12:35 am
Download the free program called "Audacity". By yourself a "slow downer software. I love Riff Station. I do this routine with all the services--Jamplay, Guitar Tricks and True Fire because they all have stuff that I'm not up to speed with. Use Audacity to record whatever is playing. Double click on the recording wave. In the file menu picj export selected. You then give it a name and an MP3 is produced. Load the MP3 into your slow downer. As you get better at this you figure out how to edit out extraneous nonsense. Play it at slow speed in loop form. Pause your Guitar Tricks lesson so you can concentrate on mastering the lick or strumming pattern or w/e. Pay close attention to the documentation and try to do it yourself before you try to play it with the slowed down. The more you do it, the better you get at this. Increase speeds by 15%. Before long you'll be playing at speed and you'll also realize that you're not dependent on Guitar Tricks limitation. As long as you get to where you need to be to proceed, it's no one's concern how you've innovated to be able to maintain your level of readiness. It sounds like a lot but it's key and worth the effort. Good luck.