Windmill tech help?

bcrichrock
bcrichrock
06/17/2002 8:34 pm
Im probably bein a bit thick here but u know the thing were a guitar is flung over & round your head and goes back to the original place, i think its called the windmill. U probably seen it done buy the guy in Static - X, cone in sum 41 and Tobin Esperance in Papa Roach. Im just wonderin if there are any tips that could help me do it cos last time i did it, it smacked me in the back of the leg and i dont think ive got the balls to do it again so can someone help me out please. Thanx
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
06/17/2002 9:04 pm
the windmill is what Pete Townshend does

anyway, all i can say is make sure you have straps locks, i knew a kid who didn't have one, and when he tried it the strap fell off and the guitar crashed into the ground, but you all you have to do is practice it. good luck.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
06/17/2002 9:05 pm
I watched Yngwie do that over and over, and it's totally cool... First, you need a wireless thing, since you'll get tangled up in your cord... But seriously. You don't really throw the guitar up in the air, you take it from under (where you plug it) and you push it over your left shoulder. Due to the weight, the neck should go down, while you are still holding it. Then, release it, and because of the way the guitar is balanced, it shoud come back right at its spot. So, don't throw or push, just release it from OVER your shoulder. Doing it fast it might look like you throw it...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.