View post (Newbie from Fort Collins, CO.)

View thread

FenrirWulf68
FenrirWulf68
01/09/2015 5:06 pm
Hey All,
I finally bit the bullet and got a full membership yesterday. I've been playing on and off for about a year. I got Rocksmith 2014 and a Epiphone Les Paul Special II for X-mas in 2013, but haven't really had a lot of time to practice and improve. I wanted something that was a lot more guided for a beginner because Rocksmith pretty much just lets you go in any direction without much guidance. I also just bought a Fretlight guitar this past X-mas to help improve my skills, but wanted more detailed tutorials. So far I haven't been disappointed! I went through all the beginner lessons up to the C and G chords with Lisa last night. Great stuff!! I hope to get far enough along soon to progress to the Blues lessons. I think that was the biggest reason I joined. Not a whole lot of Blues material for either Fretlight or Rocksmith. I am sure this site will get me excited to log in each day and practice something new, so I can finally progress enough to be proud to call my self a guitar player. :D