bass online guitar lessons??

billcass
billcass
12/25/2014 2:46 am
Anyone know if GT plans to add a bass guitar track any time soon??

or

Anyone know of a bass version of GT online??
# 1
treeder
treeder
12/26/2014 1:03 am
GT has said there are no plans for bass lessons. Jamplay has bass lessons but I personally don't like them. Scott's Bass Lessons is extremely good (I am a member of both but will probably be dropping my subscription to Jamplay when it runs out). You can get either subscription for around the same price but in my opinion SBL is far superior. You can also get a ton of Scott's lessons on youtube for free but for the price to join there is so much more. Hope that helps a bit.

Tim
# 2
billcass
billcass
12/29/2014 2:27 pm
I've been here on GT for years, I just don't seem to have the discipline to really progress. I'm trying to change that and really put in the time and effort to actually improve.

I also just bought lifetime member on SBL, so, I don't have to worry about ever paying again over on SBL. I'm actually leaving in about an hour to go pickup my first bass from GuitarCenter.

I'm hoping GT and SBL will compliment each other, if I can come up with some logical schedule of practice between the two. Hopefully studying/practicing both bass and regular guitars don't become conflicts and make my brain explode.
# 3
treeder
treeder
12/30/2014 1:09 pm
That's exactly how I am. Been on GT since 2011 and not progressed much. Also in and out of live lessons. Found SBL a couple of years ago, re-upped with the lifetime and couldn't be happier. I've found a home with the bass but still have a passion for guitar. I joined jamplay just before SBL and really don't like it there. There has not been any progress on the bass side for almost a year and I'm not going to re-up when that one comes due. SBL is far superior. My focus was to learn how bass & guitar fit together in a song. But the more I learn, the more I love it. Guitar has been on hold for a bit while I progress on the bass. See you around and good luck.
# 4
billcass
billcass
12/30/2014 2:13 pm
Same here, started GT back in 2011, been paying for every year, but, not making much progress. Current subscription runs till July 2015, so, will have to see if i reup then, or concentrate more on the bass and SBL.

I'm "billcass" over on SBL too.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.