You think you're smart?Maybe you're not.Let's see.

TheDirt
TheDirt
06/13/2002 4:48 pm
133, Precision Processor.

I think that's not right. I know mine's higher. I've always gotten the highest test scores in my school, 34 on my ACT in every category, national merit finalist, 4.14 GPA...

I think this test isn't all that scientific. It's hard enough to measure someone's IQ with a test, and this one doesn't have enough questions or categories of intelligence to get anything near a complete IQ measurement.

btw, some of my smartest friends are underachieving potheads, whose test scores make them seem dumb, but they're really brilliant :)
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 1
trendkillah
trendkillah
06/13/2002 5:01 pm
Originally posted by TheDirt
...whose test scores make them seem dumb, but they're really brilliant :)

That's what I always tell my parents the day I get my grades.
# 2
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
06/13/2002 5:39 pm
Visual Mathematician at 131

thats interresting because i once took a reallife IQ test at a official laboratory (i was applying for a job in the gouvernment *LOL*) resulted in 130 while another test that i did for fun at a friendĀ“s science lab resuled in 132 - so i guess that enode test is quite good.

i have also taken other online IQ tests and they resulted in stupid things like 180 or 89 ..

but since i know the meaning of life those results are of no importance to me *LOL*

[Edited by Azrael on 06-13-2002 at 12:42 PM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 3
nechako
nechako
06/13/2002 9:31 pm
if you really know the meaning of life please don't tell me and ruin the surprise, thanx
# 4
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
06/14/2002 12:10 am
due to the fact that i'm very lazy i haven't taken the test yet. although IQ tests do not reflect how smart you. tests never do. i just got a 32 on the act, i guess that means i'm smart. colleges think so, so i guess that's what matters.

i never go by tests. i know people who are considered (by tests) smart, but in reality they're some of the most ignorant people i've talked to. oh well, that's what happens when test making is a major business.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
06/14/2002 4:53 am

There are many different types of intelligences . . . creativity, problem-solving, emotional, social, musical, etc.

Many people who would be classified as "smart" in some areas can be dumb as mud in others. A friend of mine in high school was a math and science genius, but when it came to anything else, he had no clue. He could solve the most difficult physics problems, but he had no common sense whatsoever. I know another guy who is brilliant with all the computer science stuff, and yet socially and emotionally, people walk all over him.

Maybe being really smart in one area is a bad thing. Because it seems like people have to compensate for being smart in this one area by being stupid in others. There just aren't enough synapses to go around I guess.

# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/14/2002 9:51 am
An IQ test will never give an accurate picture of what we are.
It's just that human beings take formality so seriously(let's "get married"-it's just a peice of paper damnit!Read the signature belowĀÆ)they have to come up with standards for everything.
And we happen to be obsessed with "science".Especially those of us that don't consider ourselves scientists.So much so that even though we don't really agree to the accuracy or thoroughness(if there's such a word)of these tests as a measure of our person,we wen't ahead and did them.It's so easy to sell any crap that has been "scientifically proven" to be....(It's so hard to argue with that statement).
IQ things are,I think,a bit like horoscopes.I don't really believe in them.But I'm always reading them.
*shrug*
# 7
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/14/2002 9:53 am
An IQ test will never give an accurate picture of what we are.
It's just that human beings take formality so seriously(let's "get married"-it's just a peice of paper damnit!Read the signature below)they have to come up with standards for everything.
And we happen to be obsessed with "science".Especially those of us that don't consider ourselves scientists.So much so that even though we don't really agree to the accuracy or thoroughness(if there's such a word)of these tests as a measure of our person,we wen't ahead and did them.It's so easy to sell any crap that has been "scientifically proven" to be....(It's so hard to argue with that statement).
IQ things are,I think,a bit like horoscopes.I don't really believe in them.But I'm always reading them.
*shrug*
# 8
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
06/15/2002 6:00 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
WEFT

Web Embedding Fonts Tool ?

# 9
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
06/16/2002 2:40 pm
i agree with ponyone, written tests are no indicator of how good a lingiust some one is... I mean look at politicains, preachers etc etc, they speek well, convince poeple, but they dont necissarly have a high iq.
Collin Powel on the other hand, god bless him, isn't the most well spoken, or sly politicain, or got a slippery tounge, and he always looks awkward, but he has an alledged iq of 180, which is well into the genius bracket.
I get on with poeple, and i'm very very chatty, and i love debates, but i'm much stronger in the written word (even though that iq test said i was a visail mathmaticain), and i'll admit i dont have the widest vocab in the world, but i've pretty much always been creative when i comes to stories, poems, and paintings (i always link the 3)... my poor vocab my have something to do with the fact i grew up bi lingual (and tri lingual at one stage).
Score: 148 visual mathmaticain, (my scores range from 140 to 160), but i dont really take any notice of this, cos it A)doesn't take acount of the fact i'm bilingual B) right brain dominant (left handed) C)have good background maths, so i've had proir knowledge to the maths (in fact ALL background knowledge)..
oh well, hopefully i'll go to uni next year.... hehe, and stop my brain rotting while i sit here spending too much time on the net..heheh
# 10
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/17/2002 5:11 pm
Originally posted by educatedfilm
...i'll go to uni next year.... hehe, and stop my brain rotting...

If that's why you're going,don't bother.It's going to be crap.
Actually it is crap.
And I've got a guy with a maths PhD. who works for NASA who agrees with me.
We can get into this in more detail if you wish.
Im contemplating starting a thread about it.
# 11
nechako
nechako
06/17/2002 6:17 pm
yippi I'm a senior member, thank you this is a nice place to visit.
# 12
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
06/17/2002 9:59 pm
lol dave, that comment was just my humour... You dont need to go to uni to feed your brain... quite the oppisite infact in some cases, but i dont want to talk about them... heheh
I need to go to uni to get the perticular vocation i want to do... last year i didn't go, cos i didn't get the grades, so i did some resists in a 2 or 3 months, so i've had about 9 months free, which wasn't planned... so i've been bored and not done anything vaugly usefull... (well, i STARTED biulding a guitar... that's kinda cool)
# 13
cortateer
cortateer
06/18/2002 1:06 pm
I SCORED 122... DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS ONLY PART OF MY WORK BEING A GENIUS..AND I WAS IN A HURRY..LOL. IT WAS FUN THOUGH.
# 14
rc_mustang_14
rc_mustang_14
06/18/2002 4:52 pm
120 Visual Mathematician
# 15
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/30/2002 5:36 pm
Originally posted by educatedfilm
...i didn't get the grades, so i did some resists in a 2 or 3 months...

I repeated my third year in campus.Coz I wasn reading.Coz I had no motivation.
You see,when I was in primary school(since our systems are different,primary school here is the one you attend for 8 years,before high school.Maybe in your country it's 7 years or thereabouts.But you get my point)I wprked hard to make it to a good high school(in Kenya,you fight through every step of formal education.It's not free,limited space,etc,etc,basically f***ed up).And I did.In my end of primary school exams,I scored 594 marks out of a possible 700(100 for every subject).In high school,the motivation was to qualify for campus.The pass marks are made high,coz space is limited,so while the basic requirement is an average of a C+,you find that the actual grade needed is at least a B or something.I got a B+ in high school.My granny thinks that I'd have done better if my mom hadn't passed away at the end of my 3rd high school year.I dunno.Anyway,I made it to campus.
Where the bull began.
First off,things are so vague.Theories.Crap.
And people read to pass exams.
Which doesn't move me,coz reading just to pass exams,without learning,is to me a waste of time and money.
I think I'll say this stuff,and more of it,in another thread when I get the time to start it.
# 16
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
06/30/2002 10:59 pm
I'm sorry to hear that your mother passed away...

I'm 19, and next septemeber... I'll be off to uni... to hopefully eventually become a doctor (and secretly persue my dream of musical recognition, and possibly setting up a music label... but, shhhh, dont tell anyone ;))
I'd better learn all that stuff at uni, or else I wont get a job, or worse... kill someone due to my ignorance....
But yeah, i'm looking forward to uni, it's better than here, cos it's not healthy for me here... I haven't tlaked to anyone out side the family for like a fornight now, and the time before that was maybe 3 or 4 months, but i'm lucky to be in a big family (a family of 7).... So hopefully, my social life will kick into action again, and i'll no longer be the strange one who spent a year with a hope...
(God, this post is so depressing)
# 17
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/01/2002 12:19 am
In a thread about music lessons, I admitted I had been self-taught for 30 years, and that meant I had been getting my instruction from someone who didn't know squat. Its pretty much the same in any field of study. I think that anyone who is able to teach themselves, would have made much better progress under proper tutelege (sp?).
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 18
nechako
nechako
07/01/2002 1:46 am
yep
# 19
metalisbest
metalisbest
08/13/2002 8:23 pm
I got 117. I've never taken anything like that before.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.