View post (What guitar to buy?!)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
10/31/2014 11:05 pm
Originally Posted by: caponi14Hello, i have thought of buying another brand of guitar next time i decide to get a new guitar.

What i have now: Epiphone Les Paul Slash signature Goldtop.
Gibson Les Paul standard 1994 lemon burst.
Gibson Les Paul Custom shop 2004 Slash signature.

I want a new kind of guitar since i now own 3 Les Paul type guitars, and the last one i mentioned is the best guitar i have ever hold or played.
I have thought of buying a PRS or a music man guitar. But i don't know where i can try to play on them, cause we don't have any dealers where i live.

What im asking you is telling me which guitar you think i should buy, that has the same kind of sound, like a Les Paul. I don't like single coils and the design of having 3 pickups (because i keep hitting the middle one with the way i pick)

I know you can buy PRS SE guitars at a Danish webshop called musikinstrumenter.net. They also have a brand called VGS, which I've been thinking of trying out, because of the Evertune bridge on a couple of models. Aside from that, they also have BC Rich, Hagstrom and Godin and a couple other brands. For Music Man, I think 4sound Copenhagen would be the best shot (except it costs too much to cross that damn Great Belt Bridge...). I think musikinstrumenter.net will refund your purchase if you return the guitar within a certain amount of time, so it could at least be worth checking out their selection. As far as I can tell, you have 14 days cancellation-right, and 2 years reclamation right, provided the guitar is in the same condition as when received. Hope that helps you just a bit. I've bought from musikinstrumenter.net before and I think their service is superior to that of 4sound. Maybe because it takes 4sound 2 months to get something as simple as a pickup selector or a pedal...

And to those not from Denmark, 4sound is like the American GuitarCenter, only smaller... And they have other stuff than guitar-gear like PAs, keyboards, drums and turntables, and all kinds of music-equipment.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...