What guitar to buy?!

caponi14
caponi14
10/27/2014 10:00 am
Hello, i have thought of buying another brand of guitar next time i decide to get a new guitar.

What i have now: Epiphone Les Paul Slash signature Goldtop.
Gibson Les Paul standard 1994 lemon burst.
Gibson Les Paul Custom shop 2004 Slash signature.

I want a new kind of guitar since i now own 3 Les Paul type guitars, and the last one i mentioned is the best guitar i have ever hold or played.
I have thought of buying a PRS or a music man guitar. But i don't know where i can try to play on them, cause we don't have any dealers where i live.

What im asking you is telling me which guitar you think i should buy, that has the same kind of sound, like a Les Paul. I don't like single coils and the design of having 3 pickups (because i keep hitting the middle one with the way i pick)
# 1
haghj500
haghj500
10/27/2014 2:13 pm
My hands and ears like Hagstrom Swede guitars.
You can see them on youtube.
# 2
richmoo51
richmoo51
10/31/2014 6:18 am
i just bought a Gretsch 5620T Electromatic from a guy at www.gretsch-talk.com he won this guitar. got it for $700 with a hard case shipped... what a great guitar forum. lots of gretschie fanatics there, lol...
# 3
maggior
maggior
10/31/2014 12:13 pm
I used to have the problem you are talking about with my strat. Without even focusing on it, I eventually adjusted my picking/strumming style to not hit the switch. It used to drive me crazy.

What exactly are you looking for in another guitar that your Les Pauls don't offer you? Are you looking to add a trem? Something more "playable"? Something lighter?

PRS came to mind immediately, but be aware of the tonal differences. I had one for a month and sent it back. I realized that the "sterile" tone I picked up on in demonstration videos was a characteristic of the guitar. Otherwise, it was a beautifully well made instrument.

Maybe you want to try something out with 24 frets? You could get an Ibanez Joe Satriani model...they look pretty cool.

I had the itch for years for a new guitar. Once I got my LP Standard last spring, I'm perfectly content. I figured wanting a new guitar would be an endless thing. Between my LP and my Strat, I have every tone I'm interested in at the moment.
# 4
Kasperow
Kasperow
10/31/2014 11:05 pm
Originally Posted by: caponi14Hello, i have thought of buying another brand of guitar next time i decide to get a new guitar.

What i have now: Epiphone Les Paul Slash signature Goldtop.
Gibson Les Paul standard 1994 lemon burst.
Gibson Les Paul Custom shop 2004 Slash signature.

I want a new kind of guitar since i now own 3 Les Paul type guitars, and the last one i mentioned is the best guitar i have ever hold or played.
I have thought of buying a PRS or a music man guitar. But i don't know where i can try to play on them, cause we don't have any dealers where i live.

What im asking you is telling me which guitar you think i should buy, that has the same kind of sound, like a Les Paul. I don't like single coils and the design of having 3 pickups (because i keep hitting the middle one with the way i pick)

I know you can buy PRS SE guitars at a Danish webshop called musikinstrumenter.net. They also have a brand called VGS, which I've been thinking of trying out, because of the Evertune bridge on a couple of models. Aside from that, they also have BC Rich, Hagstrom and Godin and a couple other brands. For Music Man, I think 4sound Copenhagen would be the best shot (except it costs too much to cross that damn Great Belt Bridge...). I think musikinstrumenter.net will refund your purchase if you return the guitar within a certain amount of time, so it could at least be worth checking out their selection. As far as I can tell, you have 14 days cancellation-right, and 2 years reclamation right, provided the guitar is in the same condition as when received. Hope that helps you just a bit. I've bought from musikinstrumenter.net before and I think their service is superior to that of 4sound. Maybe because it takes 4sound 2 months to get something as simple as a pickup selector or a pedal...

And to those not from Denmark, 4sound is like the American GuitarCenter, only smaller... And they have other stuff than guitar-gear like PAs, keyboards, drums and turntables, and all kinds of music-equipment.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.