View post (Boss GT100 Multi effects pedal)

View thread

maggior
maggior
11/12/2014 6:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Rogerd99I've had the gt 100 for almost 2 years now, and am still very happy with it. There are many ways to use it, from running through the effects loop to the 4 cable method, too plugging in direct. A small bit of a learning curve but easily understandable for most users, ( readers ). There is too much for me to go into here as I don't want to be typing for an hour this morning. One feature I'll comment about is the ez-tone which has pre-created patches for all styles of music which gives you multiple tones in each style for instance 70's hard rock, 80's metal, blues, country, progressive, soul funk, jazz etc. Most of these sound GREAT and will nearly match the tones of most songs or come close enough so you can add a bit of any of the other effects on the GT-100 to compliment the tone. Also has features too allow you to set custom cabinets and amps with mic placement at different distances from the speakers and a lot more features. The computer interface is a very easy way to program and interact with the Boss GT. I have individual pedals also, however I never use them just the GT-100.

What is the "running it through the effect loop" method? Would you just connect the send/return of the pedal into the send/return of the amp? Is this the best way to use the amp sims with a regular amp?

Last night I experimented with the 4CM and forgot to turn the "S/R" effect on in the effect chain. The net effect was that the pre amp on my amp was completely bypassed. I thought that was interesting...though I don't know if that is really the correct way of accomplishing that.

I'm looking for the best connect configuration to be able to use the amp simulations in the pedal with my regular guitar amp.

Regarding the OP's question...I just got one of these myself last week. It is awsome! It's quite flexible yet very user friendly when you consider the complexity of the device. With it connected to my studio monitors, the amp simulations sounded fantastic. I made a recording of China Grove and was able to completely nail the guitar tones from the original recording. I was never able to do that with my old pedal, the Zoom G5.