New-be here I'm enjoying the site

Winks3
Winks3
10/09/2014 7:34 pm
I have been plunging away on guitars for years basic cords about a week ago
I made a goal to work on bar cords it's been a battle and this morning I received an email from guitar tricks showing how to work on bar cords I watched it 3 times and then I nailed my first bar cord moved it up and down the neck and could not stop smiling, my biggest issue was the position the neck was in when I held the guitar so the neck was up at 15 degrees or more, bang no problems
Sounded clear,
# 1
maggior
maggior
10/09/2014 7:40 pm
Hey, welcome aboard!!!

Congrats on your milestone with barre chords!!! That is HUGE! It's awesome that it was a tip from here that got you over the last hurdle!

There's a ton of great material here, so you can continue learning all sorts of new things!

Cheers!
# 2
mikeslash999
mikeslash999
10/11/2014 11:39 pm
Hey, I'm also fairly new to this site. What a great help this is. You know the story...pick up a guitar and ,being in no hurry, I try to teach myself. It was enjoyable enough, but without an understanding of how music works, you just get to a point where there's nowhere to go. I'm enjoying learning songs. You guys have a great selection. Other than learning songs, what I really need is to learn a new scale and what progressions I can play it with. I loved learning the pentatonic because I can make it work almost anywhere, but to me, a lot of my soloing sounds the same. So I either need some new moves or a new scale or both. Thanks to all of the instructors and customer service!
# 3
mikeslash999
mikeslash999
10/12/2014 7:20 pm
Hey, I'm also fairly new to this site. What a great help this is. You know the story...pick up a guitar and ,being in no hurry, I try to teach myself. It was enjoyable enough, but without an understanding of how music works, you just get to a point where there's nowhere to go. I'm enjoying learning songs. You guys have a great selection. Other than learning songs, what I really need is to learn a new scale and what progressions I can play it with. I loved learning the pentatonic because I can make it work almost anywhere, but to me, a lot of my soloing sounds the same. So I either need some new moves or a new scale or both. Thanks to all of the instructors and customer service!
# 4
compart1
compart1
10/13/2014 2:53 pm
Hey Mike Slash.. Welcome to GuitarTricks..
You can learn plenty here to get you out of you slump.. Get a gripe on thing by starting with The core lessons..
# 5
johnmcf
johnmcf
10/15/2014 5:31 am
Welcome Wink and mike :)
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.