little help pls!

09/26/2014 12:19 pm
I been ripping backing track cd's on to my pc.
But for the life of me i can not sync them to my flash drive. Do i need to burn them onto a disc then will it go to my fd. I can sync it to my mobile phone. When i put in my fd,it reads pls insurt a device. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
# 1
Henrik Linde
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Henrik Linde
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/26/2014 4:41 pm
Let's see if we can get this sorted.

Couple of questions...

Have you used the flash drive before? IE has it been formatted?

When you're trying to put the backing tracks on the flash drive, did you put the files on the computer from the CD first or are you trying to ripp straight from the CD?

/Henrik
# 2

09/26/2014 6:10 pm
Thank you henrik , for responding! Let me say its an old flash drive that was giving to me. And yes I did use it twice , when I put my music on it from my js10. Not sure what formatted means.
I first ripped the cd to my pc first, then tried to sync, with no luck. So then I put the cd back in and tried to sync it that way. With no luck. It's like my pc is not recognizeing my flash drive.
Im able to sync my recordings from my js10 to my flash drive.
Thank you so much! I have some cool tracks, I would love to put on my js10. Very grateful.
Best regards ,peter.
# 3
haghj500
haghj500
09/27/2014 2:03 am
axe2

Open the My Computer icon on the desktop. Do you see the USB drive listed? If not these are the steps I would take to try to trouble shoot the problem.

Remove the USB from the computer.
Click the icon on the task bar, the one you click on to see what programs are on the computer and choose shutdown, not restart, shutdown. After the computer powers it’s self-off, Power it back up and wait for it to come completely up. Now get to the My Computer icon again and open it up. Now plug the USB drive in, wait…… did you see a new drive appear?

If the computer is not seeing the USB drive, it is either bad or is no longer formatted in a code Windows speaks. The JS10 may write to USB drives in a format that windows will not recognize or maybe there is a choice to use different formats when writing to the USB drive.

What is format?
Windows computers talk to other Windows computer fine. But they do not talk to Apples. Apple computers use a different language\format than Windows, so they don’t talk.

Ask more if needed.
# 4

09/27/2014 11:02 am
Hey thank you so much!
If all fails will a new flash drive solve the problem.
Whats somewhat confusing, the FD allows me to transfer music on my pc. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me!!!! Thanks.
# 5
haghj500
haghj500
09/27/2014 4:24 pm
I suggest you save the file off the USB drive to your computers C drive. Your computer can write\read files much!! faster using the C drive than it can from a slower USB drive. Then when you have what you want save the file back to the USB drive.

My "guess" no another USB dive will not help. It would only help if the one you currently have is bad.

If you have a owners book or Help available for the FD look up "formats". See what kind of formats it will save data in. With my Line 6 I can save data in 4 or 5 different formats to a SD card. I bet the FD does also, so that Windows or Mac or Linux users can also use the FD product.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.