View post (Guitarstyle debate)

View thread

AbeerA2
AbeerA2
09/19/2014 8:14 pm
Beautifully Said, ABSOLUTLY TRUE, force of GOD!
Originally Posted by: haghj500“Do you guys think every player is somewhat predetermined to head off in a certain direction with their playing style.”

I am going with yes. Some people may change what they like to listen to and what instrument they play along the way. It’s something that comes from inside and flows out through the instrument being played. When it first starts happening and the player stops playing they think to themselves, wow that was cool, how did I do that. I think it’s that force that moves through us, that decides where we end up.

My grandpa had a sister whose mind seemed to move kind of slow; at least that is how it was explained to me. But she could hear a song and play it at a piano. I’ve seen her do it, remove her from the piano and I don’t know, some sort of spark would leave her and she was back to slow. That was almost as odd to see as her just play what she wanted note for note the first time through.

Myself, when I listen to someone in person really connecting with their instrument and just playing well, I do not know they are coming, but tears just start flowing from my eyes. Something that connects that deep has to come from some place that cannot be changed.

Or not.