View post (Papa Roach)

View thread

loner92
loner92
07/17/2000 5:02 am
They're just another Kid Crock/Korn/Limp Biquick clone band promoted by T(otally) R(etarted) L(ive). Seems like typical "poser rock" to me (with the rap-metal staple of a dumb name).
But, that's just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.
P.S.- If you really want to hear an albums that is extremely powerful (and one that rocks harder than almost anything else), go get "....And Justice For All" by Metallica, you won't regret it. Another few superb rock albums (though not as good as AJFA) are "Carnival of Souls" by KISS, "S&M" by Metallica (a good choice for your first Metallica album if you don't have any yet), "Sonic Brew" by Zakk Wylde & his band Black Label Society, "Ride the Lightning" and "Master of Puppets" by Metallica, "Alien Love Secrets" by Stee Vai (arguably his "heaviest" album), or "Faclelift" and "Dirt" by Alice in Chains (the later of which is kind of an acquired taste, it's not what I'd call an "easily accesible" album, very deep stuff).
If you want some good acoustic rock albums, try Days of the New or Alice in Chains' "Jar of Flies" (a little bluesy).