pedal board sequence

Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
05/30/2002 2:06 am
Hi everyone,

I have some great gear and would like any suggestions for how to place them in my pedal daisy chain.

My gear is currently setup in this order:

Fender Thinline tele 69' reissue--->Maxon Pro OD820 overdrive--->Roger Mayer Voodoo-1 distortion--->Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe---->Maxon OD 808 overdrive---->78' MXR analog delay----->moded Hendrix wah(soon to be replaced by a Teese Picture wah---->all into a Fender blues Jr tube amp.

I know the wah should be first not last but for some reason it sounds better last? Don't know why? I know their is a better sequence to this setup than I presently have and would appreciate any suggestions especially from users with this gear, any settings you specifically like on any of the pieces I own. Gear is awesome but sometimes overwhelming when the options are infinite.

Would anyone recommend two overdrives back to back? Does anyone know if that is what Trey Anastasio does (I know he uses more than one o.d I dont know how he places them)

I think I babbled enough, oh one more thing any recomendations for a wah. I have it narrowed down to Teese picture wah, Mayer vision wah, or fulltone clyde mccoy.

Thanks for any suggestions I love this forum,

James
# 1
Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
05/30/2002 2:09 am
I have been getting a bit of noise do you think thats from ****ty connecting cables (their just standard not monster cable gold plated ones), or do you think I need a noise suppresor?

Anyone esle with this common problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks again,

James
# 2
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
05/30/2002 1:25 pm
Originally posted by Thomyorke575

My gear is currently setup in this order:

Fender Thinline tele 69' reissue--->Maxon Pro OD820 overdrive--->Roger Mayer Voodoo-1 distortion--->Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe---->Maxon OD 808 overdrive---->78' MXR analog delay----->moded Hendrix wah(soon to be replaced by a Teese Picture wah---->all into a Fender blues Jr tube amp.

Well I dig the pedals and I just sold my 69 reissue tele...oh how I miss her!....I have a two part answer:

1.My layout:
US Strat-->Ernie Ball Volume-->Vox V847 Reissue-->Ibanez TS9-->Fulltone II (overdrive)-->Dano Cool Cat-->Dan Echo with a Boss TU-12 Tuner off an AB switch and it's all powered by a Dunlop Juice Box....

Here's how I would lay out what you have...
Tele-->Wah-->Maxon 808-->Mayer Voodoo-->Maxon Pro 820-->Voodoo Vibe-->Delay

My general rule of thumb is this: Volumes-->Wahs-->Distortions-->Chorus, flangers, etc-->delay always last.

2. The best rule of thumb is to just play with stuff and find out what sounds best to you. What I like may sound horrible to you and vice versa. Mess with and find how you like it!
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 3
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
05/30/2002 1:31 pm
Originally posted by Thomyorke575
I have been getting a bit of noise do you think thats from ****ty connecting cables (their just standard not monster cable gold plated ones), or do you think I need a noise suppresor?

Anyone esle with this common problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks again,

James

What kind of noise? What's you setup? guitar---pedals?---amp? You can try eliminating cables in you line up...just go straight into your amp first and see if you still get the noise...that will rule out your pedals and short cables. Do you have flourescent lights? Single Coil Pickups? There's a lot of things it could be....let me know and I'll try and help.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 4
Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
05/30/2002 3:27 pm
Yeah I do have a halogen lamp, and my computer monitor which it may be from one of those. All the wires in my pedal line are short (2 feet and under) except for the one going from my guitar and from my delay. Do you get any noise from your setup? I notice the noise is worse when I have my volume all the way up on my guitar which I like to do since I have a tube amp it helps to get that nice vintage tone.

Any suggestions would be great, how is the MXR noise gate for noise suppresion? Do you know if it will kill any of my much wanted tone?

THanks
# 5
Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
05/31/2002 2:09 am
Two qusetions,

How do you like your Ernie Ball volume I am thinking of getting one for my Voodoo Vibe.

Also how do you like your fulltone II, did you compare it to the Maxon OD820? I love the OD820 its amazing. Would you recommend these pedals?

Oh yeah my noise problem is gone it was my t.v and computer combined. When their off my setup is very quiet.

James
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.