View post (finger pattern for major scales)

View thread

dksucharda
dksucharda
06/16/2014 5:14 pm
john of MT. Thank you for the link to Justin's page. It is awesome. I have seen some of his videos, but have never been to his actual page. His videos explain topics very thoroughly and slowly. His patterns were exactly what I was looking for.

CSchlegel: Thank you for responding. I think it is so cool that the teachers themselves monitor these forums and provide input. I went to the lync you provided me to the A major scale and was easily able to follow you through the first 5 lessons, but on the 6th lesson when the pattern goes beyond 1 octave and includes shifts to move up the neck and play on the G,B,E strings I lose you on the shifts as you come down. I have seen the tabs and fretboard chart below the video, but there are no finger patterns for these. I wish I could play it that easily. On this one video you play it so fast on the way down, I cant follow your fingering pattern. I get about half way down and lose you on what I believe is the 2nd to the third shift (G note on the B string). Ill keep studying the video and see if I can pick it up. I you think you can help in some other way learning the fingering pattern please let me know. Thanks for all the great videos.