Just Social

AtomicMassUnit
AtomicMassUnit
06/13/2000 7:48 pm
Hey, My name's Jim and i'm from Louisiana USA. I'm 18 years old, but i've been playing guitar obsessively for about 6 years. I'm playing professionally, and I've been through over 30 bands in the past 3 years. To top that off, I've never been fired from a band. I'm pretty wild as far as fashion goes, and musically I am completely schizophrenic. I play jazz, blues, rock, metal, classical, pop, country, r and b, funk,lounge music, punk, and a number of instruments aside from guitar. I sing, play bass, drums, piano, mandolin, violin, xylophone, and dance a mean polka. Nice to meet you all.

# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/14/2000 4:17 am
ok, i guess i should add my $0.02(CAD) to this little topic. i'm the eggman, and have been visiting this site for a while. i've recommended it to everyone i know who plays guitar. i think that this site rocks, very helpful, although i haven't had all that much time to sit in front of the comp. with my gtr. to practice all the tricks. the hosts are all pretty cool, like the Finns or Swedes, esp. though, the Canadian. (p.s. i think jake sommers has a little too much attitude)
sorry for the huge post; i've been planning it for some time.

------------------
do i smell burnt toast?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
06/15/2000 3:30 am
How so eggman? your making assumptions about me and you've never even spoken to me and i don't think that's right, you can ask anybody on here that i'm very cordial toward everybody, you got some beef with me send it through my email that's what it's there for, don't come on a message board saying stuff about me, that ain't cool, and i don't see your reasoning behind it, i haven't insulted anyone or shown any arrogance on this messageboard or as my role as host at guitartricks. Yo when you come at me dog come with something, if you had reasons or something i an sit back and think how i can change myself as a person, not to have so much attitude or be arragant or big-headed and that i would try to change cause i'm always trying to better myself, but you exibited no proof and i think that's very wrong for you to say, seeing i've never met or spoken to you in anyform, yo, and if i said something that offended you or got under your skin, yo tell me and i'll apologize, yo that's all i'm saying, i'm sure you wouldn't want anyone to dog you the same way.

peace out,

------------------
Jake Sommers
"Take my hand boss"
# 3
Uncle Istvan
Uncle Istvan
06/15/2000 5:43 am
Eggman- Jake's been cool with everybody, and I too don't see where you're comin' from. SpƤter-
# 4
Willdridge
Willdridge
06/15/2000 5:52 pm
Bah?...Where did you get that idea from? All I've ever seen Jake do is give his own opinion on things...from what I've read, he's always taken others views into account, but has made his own opinion clear - If that's an attitude, then that's most of the people here...Jake appears and I'm willing bet is a very helpful and willing player, someone many people could take a leaf from...Perhaps you could clear this up by giving reasons for why you think this...after all, you are intitled to your views, but the least you can do is try and explain them.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 5
zepo
zepo
06/15/2000 6:52 pm
FLOG THE EGGMAN!!!! Just kidding (it's a idea if things get "out o hand")
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 6
Willdridge
Willdridge
06/16/2000 3:54 pm
Co-co-ca-choo.....hehe, could resist...Seriously though, help clear this up Eggman, Jake seems cool, besides, HE'S GOT A GUITAR WITH HOLES IN IT!!! (I am thinkin' of the right one here, right?)
Just screams DUDE!...hehe
# 7
Buzz
Buzz
06/16/2000 5:31 pm
Guy's relax. Ignore eggman. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. If his intenet was simply to get y'all riled up... guess what..... it kinda worked. just ignore him. He's entitled to his opinion.

Jake I appreciate reading your posts.
That which you can not cure,
you must endure!
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
Buzz
# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/19/2000 4:25 am
sorry guys - i would have replied sooner, but i was not near a computer all weekend.
i had no idea that such a small comment would blow up into this huge debate. all i ever said was that jake had a little too much attitude. i've never doubted that he's a nice guy and maybe he even visits his grandmother on weekends, etc. it just seems that, for such a young man, he has a lot of opinions. maybe it's an american thing. i dunno; maybe i shouldn't have mentioned it at all.
sorry again, guys.

------------------
do i smell burnt toast?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 9
Buzz
Buzz
06/19/2000 4:58 am
Geee.. I don't visit my grandma on weekends. Does that mean I'm bad?

(just kidding)
That which you can not cure,
you must endure!
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
Buzz
# 10
Willdridge
Willdridge
06/19/2000 6:38 pm
What a question Buzz - OF COURSE IT DOES!!!!! (hehehe...kiddin', really)
Fair enough - it probably is an american thing...(only joking!...) But surely it's alright to have your opinions, after all, you're intitled to them and, most of us, live in a free country/world, but I wouldn't call it an attitude, just a streak of confidence and selfesteem...I don't mind peoples opinions, as long as they are prepared to respect and egknowlege (?!) mine, very few things people can agree on, doesn't mean either is wrong....
And Buzz, go visted your grandparents! (Y'know I'm only jesting...)
# 11
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
06/20/2000 3:47 am
So your against Americans now, eggman? i'm proud to be an American..dammit, man i ain't got time for this foolishness i'm out, i'll end this discussion eggman, you are entitled to what you wan't to think about me, man i could care so f*cking less what you say, all i wanted was some reasons and being confident or trying to put your point across ain't a bad quality. yo i ain't gonna p+ssyfoot around what i'm trying to say. yo i love that in everybody, who can put what they're trying to say over articulately and don't bs one another. i gotta go, yo i ain't mad at ya eggman but i just wanted some reasoning behind what you said.

peace out,

------------------
Jake Sommers
"Take my hand boss"
# 12
zepo
zepo
06/20/2000 10:56 pm
You jsut reminded me of *****footing by Fripp I believe good album.
# 13
rockboy105
rockboy105
07/09/2000 12:39 am
Hey this is guitar tricks not jerry springer why all the arguing. Eggman's just got a big lip. Jake man your cool but your giving me a headach with the yo this and yo thats. Oh and you might want to watch the "F"s there might be young people on here... like me!

[This message has been edited by rockboy105 (edited 07-08-2000).]
# 14
zepo
zepo
07/09/2000 1:15 am
I R not caring???? I R not listening???? I R dead???? I R DEAD!!!!
# 15
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
07/09/2000 1:46 am
cool rockboy, but that's how i talk, i'll watch the cuss words but yall guys are gonna hear it somewhere else regardless haha.

------------------
Jake Sommers
"Take my hand boss"
# 16
KingB
KingB
07/10/2000 5:44 am
My name is KingB and I am from an imbred town in Canada, I've been playing guitar now for over 10 years, the biggest tip I could give to anyone taking up the instrument is everything you do, do to a metronome, and learn theory.
Last week I misplaced my metronome, and I started to cry because I thought that it was lost, I had to be consoled, I love my metronome, maybe too much
# 17
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/12/2000 2:15 am
just outa curiosity.
anybody else interested in cutting this conf and starting a new one on the same subject. The only reason I ask is that 'Just Social' has already expanded to 2 pages and takes major time to surf each page. Would anybody be hassled if I just ended this thread and continued it again as the same thread starting over again???
# 18
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
07/12/2000 2:42 am
My name's Shawn, a.k.a. BadHorsie, and I love all types of music. Mostly Vai, and Satch though. I've been playing guitar seriously for five and a half years now. I live in Southern Cali, and am getting ready to start a band and start doing gigs, so I'll keep you all posted.

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 19
Willdridge
Willdridge
07/12/2000 4:13 am
Yeah...I think I know what you mean....Even if I'm wrong, doesn't matter...Repost it, you've got the author permission (not that it counts for ought, but just so you know...hehe)...Besides, I wanted the 40th post...hehe
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.