wrist holding me back

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
04/10/2014 12:30 am
I know none of you are doctors, but just hear me out. And maybe someone has had a similar problem with their wrist and can fill me in on their experience.

I'm very depressed right now! My left wrist has been hurting for a few days, and based on the bump on my wrist and the research I've done, it looks like I have a cyst. And it must be pressing on some nerves, because my left wrist and hand hurt when I move it, and my left hand is pretty much becoming useless.

I'm actually playing worse because of it. And the strange thing is, it started hurting the first couple days where I didn't play at all. But I'm thinking maybe there's a possibility it's carpal tunnel? Maybe playing too much can bring something like this on?

But I'm actually hoping it's a cyst, because apparently they either go away after a couple months on their own, or a doctor can drain it to relieve the pain. So hopefully the fix will be simple and quick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
# 1
docc3
Full Access
docc3
Full Access
04/10/2014 1:42 am
l take a brake for a few days.if you can fiend some one to massage it out? it hurt like hell but ya need to brake it up.it will be better the next day.hope this helps ya.its funny after i take a few days off i seem to play lot cleaner too.same thing happens in my neck and shoulders too from looking at the fret board for hrs.
ROOSTER
# 2
bbzswa777
bbzswa777
04/10/2014 2:05 am
dude, I know exactly what you mean about the problems that come with looking down at the fretboard. The problem is you're looking down and slightly to the left (or right if you're a lefty), and my neck and head would hurt pretty bad. I kind of learned the hard way that I need to take breaks and also have good posture.

But yeah, I'll have try out your advice and get my mom to massage my wrist out for me (no girlfriend at the moment haha).

Thanks for the response
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.