Update 1

divemaster2
divemaster2
03/04/2014 9:23 am
Its been 3 months now since i first joined GT, and i'm glad i did.

At 43 i thought it would be near impossible to learn a chord, let alone play a song. But thanks to this site and and taking on board what people have said, PRACTICE is the key word. I can now name and play every open chord and chord switch at a rate of 15 per minute. Which to me is great. I have completed the Core 1 section, but always go back and refer to to specific lessons as this helps with nailing down things to play smooth. I love playing every day, i set aside at least 2 hours a day to concentrate on specific things. Then when the kids have gone to bed i play again without the amp. Just PRACTICING chords and scales. I have found this to be great to get finger postion good. I cant recommend this site enough for its useful content and lessons.

Along with this site i also have both copies of Rocksmith with over 400 tracks in my DLC which gives me a huge range of songs to learn from. This should been have retailed as software rather than a game in my opinion as this is a great teaching aid for beginners. Which brings me to my next part.

Is there a forum section where we could post a request for a song to be added to your master list?

Anyway time for PRACTICE.

Thanks again GT keep up the good work.
# 1
JJ90
JJ90
03/04/2014 10:49 am
Hi divemaster,

Congratulations on your progress! Learning guitar is a very rewarding experience in my opinion.

Regarding your question about song requests:

You can scroll down the main forum page to see all forum sections. There are also forum sections that are only availible to full access subscribers, with one of them being song requests. Here it is: http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Hope that helps!

JJ
# 2
divemaster2
divemaster2
03/04/2014 10:58 am
Thnx JJ for the comment, found the forum. :)
# 3
maggior
maggior
03/04/2014 2:03 pm
That's awesome divemaster!!!! You've made tremendous progress and you've got a fantastic practice routine going. Keep it up and your progress will continue.

Don't fret (sorry for the bad pun!) when you hit a speedbump though. Be patient with yourself and don't be afraid to come to the forum for support. We've all been there at one time or another!
# 4
ThorfinnFrisken
Full Access
ThorfinnFrisken
Full Access
03/04/2014 3:06 pm
Excellent!
------------------------------------
Learning guitar, one chord at a time...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.